Hi, This a delicious recipe shared by one of my tutors, Maria Middlestead when I was studying nutrition. I have served it to many people and it has always been a hit.

Base:
1 cup lightly packed, pitted dried dates
1 cup walnuts, or use ½ hazelnuts
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup water
Chocolate Icing:
1 ripe medium avocado (use a perfect specimen with no dark flesh or stringy fibres)
6 Tbsp mild honey, or agave nectar
¼ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
Thoroughly wash dates and check for pits (note that fresh dates are too moist for this recipe). Place dates, nuts and ¼ cup cocoa powder in a food processor. Briefly combine just until the mixture is finely processed but small bits of nut are still evident. Add the water and pulse to combine. Pat evenly onto the base of a square 2 litre ice-cream tub or other plastic container about 16 cm x 16 cm. Mixture will be moist but bind together well.
In the food processor (no need to clean it) whiz the avocado, honey or agave, remaining ¼ cup cocoa, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.
Spread the icing over the brownie base. Cover with lid. Freeze for 1 hour or longer until firm and easy to slice. No matter how long they are frozen they don’t become too hard. Cut into 4 rows by 4 or 5 rows to create 16-20 tiny squares – or just slice whenever you serve them. The base should be firm and cut perfectly. Serve straight from the freezer or they will go soft. Very rich so sit and savour one piece at a time. Keeps frozen for 3 weeks.