5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I was recently making Wendy's chocolate cake from the main Recipe section, I didn't have any plain flour so I used Wholemeal flour and I used 1/3 cup olive oil instead of 1/2 cup. I also cooked the cake in a 10.5in x 7in tray instead of a round cake tin. I kept the time and temp the same.
I was very impressed with the final results, because I was looking for a flatter rectangular shaped cake so I could evenly slice it up to place in freezer bags as I am going away on a 3month camping trip through outback NSW & QLD So now I will have some little choc cake treats for the journey.
1st sign no diagnosis Oct 1999, DX 2007, SPMS 2011.
Wendy's recipe also makes 16 chocolate muffins.
Keep every thing the same just line a muffin tray with paper cups fill each cup to approx 5mm from the top and bake for 25 mins. I put the muffins into snap lock bags and freeze the muffins, on the day you want to have one get it out and leave it on the bench in the bag at breakfast time and it should be ready to eat at morning tea :)
1st sign no diagnosis Oct 1999, DX 2007, SPMS 2011.
I made a version that is gluten-free, but less OMS friendly.
I used hazelnut meal and gluten-free self raising (or rice flour).
I did use kakao, with dextrose and rice syrup rather than cocoa and raw or natural sugar.
I went overboard by substituting some bonsoy or almond milk for some of the water.
I still cooked at 160 degrees celsius.
I took it beyond the pale by adding an OMS variant of Kingland Silken Tofu's suggestion for chocolate mousse.
http://www.kingintl.com.au/#!recipe-inspiration-1/rjb6c
So I made it with kakao and rice syrup or dextrose, plus a drizzle of Frangelico
It cooks faster than expected, and burns easier, but is very nice... in an evil way...

Cheers,
Michael
P.S. Are there other recipe challenges running on ' What we eat'?
I don't do Facebook - I think it's egregious.
Obviously I iced it cooled!
A good idea to take it away.

I use Frangelico in the cake (as muffins).
I also use it in my Kingland tofu-kakao-mousse topping.
http://www.kingintl.com.au/#!recipe-inspiration-1/rjb6c
5 posts Page 1 of 1