12 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi

I'm fairly new to OMS so would appreciate any feedback if this fits into the OMS philosophy (I think it does?!) I made these at my MS Cake Break and they were a hit! ;)

Vegan Brownies

30min
Ingredients
Serves: 16
• 250g plain flour
• 300g demerara sugar (adjusted from original post of 350g)
• 65g plain cocoa powder
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 400ml water (adjusted from original post of 300ml)
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil (adjusted from original post of 200ml)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:30min
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking tin.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
i would reduce the amount of olive oil in the recipe, perhaps substituting some fruit juice or apple sauce. 200ml is quite a lot of oil, even if it is EVOO.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Hi Jess!

This recipe looks good to me, and I'll convert this to US measurements.

FYI: I see 'sugar' in the instructions, but it's not listed as an ingredient!
pineapple wrote: Hi Jess!

This recipe looks good to me, and I'll convert this to US measurements.

FYI: I see 'sugar' in the instructions, but it's not listed as an ingredient!

Thanks for the heads up - I have added the missing sugar to the original list of ingredients! x
Susan Doumbos wrote: i would reduce the amount of olive oil in the recipe, perhaps substituting some fruit juice or apple sauce. 200ml is quite a lot of oil, even if it is EVOO.

Good thinking re oil Susan Doumbos - I might try it with fruit juice instead and it would be a heck of a lot cheaper!
x
Today I cooked these again but this time lowered the extra virgin olive oil to 100ml (instead of 200ml) and increased the water to 400ml (instead of 300ml). I also lowered the demerera sugar to 300g (instead of 350g) - I am pleased to report that they are still yummy! ;)
This looks great Jess thanks for posting. Have friends over for coffee thurs morning so would be nice to make them for that. I keep making banana bread which is great, but having a real chocolate craving this week so brownies will be great!!
Yes lynnejgray, it's nice to have a different and easy recipe to turn to! I also make banana bread a lot! Did you try the brownies out on your friends? X
Made these today, they went down a treat! So nice to have Change from snacking on brown rice crackers or fruit.
I made them yesterday and I totally freaked out about this wonderful juicy and chocolatey brownies. No I don't have to suffer chocolate deprivation :D
12 posts Page 1 of 2