4 posts Page 1 of 1
I was dying for a good cheesecake recipe. I have finally found it and tried it yesterday. It's super delicious and 100% OMS friendly.

So, first let's get started with the cookies.

This part was tricky. No butter makes it impossible to make your cookie dough crispy. So I found 2 tahini recipes and combined them in a perfect match.

COOKIES
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (I used universal Schär brand)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup tahini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
Around 100 ml water + additional if needed (depending on the flour brand)

Mix it, squeeze it, make the form you want and bake for about 10 minutes on 350 degrees (or 180 celsium), until light brown from each side.

Now you can make the cheesecake. The tricky part here was to find a decent replacement for cheese. Ordinary tofu doesn't seem to fit in the concept. So I used Moraga silken tofu - firm. There are also other silken tofu brands on the market, feel free to use any of them, but make sure it is at least lite firm version (soft one would be better for mousse etc.).

CHEESECAKE:

It is not my recipe, so I will not steal it from the author. Instead, here's a link to the recipe:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/l ... cake-quot/

It is really to die for, I wouldn't be ashamed of serving it in a 5-star restaurant!
Diagnosis and treatment 5/5/2014 - 15/5/2014
OMS started 15/5/2014
That sounds very, very nice! It's on my 'to do' list.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
It sounds lovely but how do you get around not using the third of a cup of sugar?
Steve
dx May 13. OMS Jan 14.
Yeah, I thought it was a bit too much, considering agave syrup in the crust and corn starch in cream. I would put less... but that depends on a taste, I guess..
Diagnosis and treatment 5/5/2014 - 15/5/2014
OMS started 15/5/2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1