5 posts Page 1 of 1
This is so simple, quick, and nutritious, take about 3 minutes to make and a good half-hour to eat (well, if you eat it all, which I do!)... Oh, and it's 4 servings of fruit!

Take a bag if frozen raspberries (the unsweetened ones -- just whole frozen raspberries in a bag, in the freezer section).

Pour the berries into a 1L measure, or similar. When the berries are partially thawed (about 15-20 minutes in a cool kitchen), add about 6-9 packets of Stevia natural plant sweetener. Use a hand-blender and mix until completely puréed, but it will remain frozen, so it makes a sorbet-like dessert.

The whole bag makes about a pint of 'sorbet' (which I won't share), and comes in around 80 calories for the size of the bag I buy, according to the nutritional label in the bag!

You can also add some soya milk and 15 ml (1 tbsp) of unsweetened cocoa powder to it, for a "milk-chocolate" raspberry treat, but you need a bit more Stevia then.

There's a pic of it on my Instagram: http://instagram.com/girl_with_the_bandaid_tattoo

Really really good stuff!!!
Frozen fruit makes great desserts - amazing banana soft serve recipe here
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=762&p=2610&hilit=sorbet#p2610

Best to use honey or maple syrup to sweeten, even raw sugar would be better than Stevia, which is very highly processed.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Thanks for that, Wendy. I try not to touch sugar, but had thought that Stevia was okay. I find honey absolutely vile, but I grew up tapping our own maple trees, and I have always liked maple syrup, so I'll try that. And it grows on trees! :)
Very yummy indeed! Try it also with frozen berry mix or frozen cherries. For sweetener try pureed dates (easy to make at home) or store bought date sugar made from dried dates (I had to buy it online).
I always have a jar of date syrup in the house, so I'll try that... Thanks for the idea!
5 posts Page 1 of 1