3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all

My favourite drink is a G&T. Recently, my friends have been posting various recipes for 'gin and tonic cake' to my Facebook page. Today, I mentioned that I needed a vegan recipe, and, lo and behold, my lovely friend found this for me. I haven't actually made them yet, but can't wait to give them a go!!:

Gin and Tonic Cupcakes

1/4 c. tonic water, stirred vigorously for about a minute to get some of the fizz out
1 1/2 t. lime zest
a few drops of lime juice
1 c. unsweetened soy milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 T. gin
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350F. Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, mix together tonic water, lime juice, lime zest, soy milk, oil , gin, vanilla and sugar. Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until just combined. Divide evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the cakes spring back when lightly pressed. Cool completely before frosting.

[list=]You would need to swap 'vegetable oil' for EVOO, and use unrefined sugar. And cook on a lower heat than suggested??

These are the instructions for frosting. Perhaps someone who is more of an expert than me in the kitchen (not difficult!) could work out how to adapt it? Maybe something tofu based??:[/list]

Gin and tonic frosting

1/2 c. butter (or equivalent), softened
2 T. vegan nonhydrogenated shortening
2 t. gin
2 t. tonic water
a few drops of lime juice
2+ cups confectioners' sugar
It sounds delicious. I had never tried this before. Thanks for sharing this full recipe, I will try this. I think this Gin and tonic cupcakes can be included as a mouth watering dessert. For more such recipes you can also look at this site.
?? Cashew cream for icing
3 posts Page 1 of 1