5 posts Page 1 of 1
Ingredients

5 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (5 cups)
12 Oz Blackberries
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup Gold Medalâ„¢ all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup ripe mashed avocado
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or cardamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

1 Heat oven to 375º F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with mashed avocado
2 Spread apples in pan, put in the blackberries evenly. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed; sprinkle over apples / blackberries.

3 Bake about 35 - 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.

I used the mashed avocado instead of butter for making the crisp, I also didn't take it out at 40 minutes, I left it a little too long the top was already crisp when I took it out of the oven, I think it will crisp up on it's own if you take it out before the top is a brown and crispy as I made it.

I found this was on the bottom edge of being sweet enough, the next time I might add either a little more honey to the topping, or perhaps add 1/3 cup to the apples, The apples I used were Granny Smiths and were pretty tart. You might make it with some sweeter cooking apples, Bramleys would be my first choice, but Granny Smiths is what I had in the pantry, so they were what got used.
Be well, live long and prosper!
Yum!
We are comming into Apple season in New Zealand and this recipe would be great.
Thanks for sharing.
Love me some apple pie in the day, now going to have apple crisp instead, or find an OMS pie crust that I like.

It works well with the blackberries.
Be well, live long and prosper!
Wow Apple Crisp sounds delicious from the name itself. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. Will be looking forward for such more delicious and yummy recipes.

(Link removed by Admin)
That link do not pick it it is not a recipe site
5 posts Page 1 of 1