9 posts Page 1 of 1
Judith's Vegan Brownies 2 C all purpose flour 2 C white sugar ¾ C cocoa powder 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 1 C water 1 C EVOO 1 tsp vanilla extract Preheat oven to 175C In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt Pour in water, Olive oil and vanilla Mix until well blended Spread evenly in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan Cook for approx 30 mins or until firm
Chocolate Sorbet 200gr golden sugar 50 gr cocoa powder pinch of salt 1 tsp instant coffee 1 cinnamon stick 600 ml water Bring all ingredient slowly to the boil, stir to dissolve sugar and boil for 5 min. Leave to cool. Chill for 1 hour and fill into freezer proof container. Put in freezer until firmly frozen (about 6 hours). With either a blender, food processor or electric mixer whiz until smooth. Re-freeze for at least one hour before serving. Source: Good Housekeeping - The Cook's Year
Chocolate cake: 3 cups flour 2 cups sugar (I use raw sugar for everything) 6 tbsp cocoa 1 tbsp baking powder (yes that's tablespoon!) 1 tsp baking soda 2 cups water 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp vanilla 2 tbsp white vinegar Sieve flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda, add sugar and mix. Then add wet ingredients and mix well. Grease a 20cm round tin with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake at 170 degrees for about 55 minutes - keep testing as sometimes it takes a bit longer. It rises quite spectacularly in the tin.
the rice pudding is devine, i have a sweet tooth (after dinner) and it is a life saver. is there a way to add our recipes to the list so others can benefit?
Hi Angela Just add them as a post, like this one. The idea is that this recipe section is for people to swap recipes. I'm a bit of a rice pudding fan too, but Wendy's chocolate cake is great too: I use wholemeal flour and add a couple of egg whites.
Thanks Sunny i will give the chocy cake a go! I have discovered pizza without cheese(i was a doubter when George said that in his book) as i thought pizza was ALL about the cheese. I use the thin turkish type pizza bases with a good tomato sauce base and lots of diced mushrooms and would you believe sardines (I sometimes top this with watercress). I have also added capers and onions etc. A very fast dinner after work or good for a pizza night. Let me know what you think.
Hi...you mention a pizza from Professor Jelenik's book. Could you share that? Thanks!
another great pizza (might need to move this to the pizza section) is using barbecue sauce on the base, add red onion, cubed roasted pumpkin (I roast with garlic and rosemary and salt), then once warm top with lots of fresh rocket and serve.
I live in the U.S. so im not sure what turkish pizza bases are??? Does anyone know what kind of pizza base I could find in the U.S.? I didnt think I would ever be able to have pizza again!!

Another great pizza would be salad pizza. It is popular here in the States. Just put lettuce and what ever else you might enjoy on top of the base, sprinkle with EVOO and balsamic or red wine vinegar (maybe add a few spices like oregano and basil and wha-la!!!
9 posts Page 1 of 1