8 posts Page 1 of 1
Make plenty and store in fridge as a really useful quick meal option - stir through pasta, serve on toast. Make sure to keep the delicious juices. Wonderful with mushrooms on toast for breakfast.

Tomatoes, cut in half if larger.
Salt and black pepper
Garlic and herbs eg thyme optional

Place in roasting dish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Bake at 150 deg C for two hours.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Great minds think alike! I had just this last night with grilled mushrooms and my homemade bread (new toy breadmaker!) and watercress salad. YumO and wine of course.

This morning I had the left over tomatoes with my breaky :D
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Sounds delicious Kashu - perfect candidate for the Breakfast and Brunch recipe challenge!
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
I forgot I put smoked salmon on it too :D
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
:P Delicious I can't wait to try!

korimako wrote: Make plenty and store in fridge as a really useful quick meal option - stir through pasta, serve on toast. Make sure to keep the delicious juices. Wonderful with mushrooms on toast for breakfast.

Tomatoes, cut in half if larger.
Salt and black pepper
Garlic and herbs eg thyme optional

Place in roasting dish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Bake at 150 deg C for two hours.
I add half a glass on white wine and about 6 anchovies
For some reason my edit button doesn't work - I meant to say I cult the tomatoes in eighths and add the anchovies wine and olive oil and them it becomes a good base for pasta sauce - you can add capers and eggplant later or olives.
I am very grateful for this post. I have become an addict of slow roasted tomatoes.

I do them in a large non-stick pan, with some peeled whole cloves of garlic, some peeled and sliced onion on the bottom of the pan, the tomatoes on top, a sprinkling of basil and a handful or two of pitted Kalamata olives (in brine, not oil).

Then, once cooled, they improve in flavour after a day or so of being kept in the fridge.

They make an excellent topping for pizza. Use chargrilled oil-free large slices of eggplant as the first layer on the pizza - helps keep the pizza base from getting too moist. Bake the pizza base for 5 or so minutes before applying toppings - also helps keep the base crisp-ish.

Add some anchovies as the last layer on the pizza.

A bit like ratatouille or puttanesca sauces.

Definitely impresses those who haven't had this before!
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
8 posts Page 1 of 1