16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi all
Someone recently recommended this site for Recipes. I have just been browsing and the recipes look absolutely amazing, mouth watering!!

http://deliciouslyella.com/recipes/

I think that we are allowed all of the foods but some recipes have

- Raw Cacao Powder
- Coconut oil
are these allowed on the OMS diet?

Ella does say that everything you see here is free from gluten, dairy, sugar, meat and all refined and processed ingredients.

I would really appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Nicola
Nicola Corbett

Dublin, Ireland

'Nothing tastes as good as walking feels'

DX 2003, Swank 2004, OMS 2013, OMS Retreat March 2014
Yum, what a great find - have just had a quick look and so many delicious looking pictures! Need a bit of inspiration at the moment so this will be a good start.

Coconut oil unfortunately is a definite no-no - even though many websites promote it as a healthy oil it is extremely high in saturated fat so no good for us OMSers.

I don't know about cacao powder - will have to go compare it with regular cocoa powder and see how it compares.
Cacao v Cocoa powder
Cocoa powder is 0.8% saturated fat (7g per 86g serving)
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/5471/2

Raw cacao powder is 7% saturated fat
http://vegetarian.about.com/od/beverage ... rition.htm
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Thanks for the replied ladies...

I will avoid both the coconut and cacao.

One other one, how are we with Avocados? I know that Swank has them on the forbidden list.

Keep well

Nicola
Nicola Corbett

Dublin, Ireland

Ok but in real moderation and don't gorge on a whole one. I share a small one maybe once a week.
There are loads of recipes on this site have you looked through the sections?
Thanks for the confirmation.

I did look through the recipes just wanted to know what I should watch for.

They all look yummy!

N
Nicola Corbett

Dublin, Ireland

Wendy,

Based off your post about Cacoa vs cocoa --
Would you not suggest Cacoa? I was having a couple teaspoons a day in coffee or on a banana. The bag is raw Cacoa, organic, non-GMO and says 2.5 Tablespoons equals 2gram of sat fat.

Also, thanks for the heads up
On avocado, gals. I'm from a tropical area in south Texas where it is a staple.... and have been eating way too much avocado daily lately.
Oops, I meant 1gram of saturated fat.
Cocoa powder as you are is us get Heresey (spelling) as very pressed so little fat per tablespoon
love this site (think it was me that flagged it but brain like a sieve)

I sub in cocoa and reduce the amounts to cut more sat fat. In the raw recipes you can usually get away with substituting another cold pressed oil like flax :) If there are any specific ones you are wondering about shout as I've tried most of them!
16 posts Page 1 of 2