15 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a blender for making green smoothies in? I have a Breville, but it doesn't blend the greens so well. Even with liquid, it starts to smell after a few pulses. It's a new blender too! The recipe books all say Vitamix, but it's so expensive.

Thanks if anyone has ideas!
Transverse Myelitis 2008; MS diagnosis July 2014 (relapsing-remitting); OMS July 2014.
I have a Kitchenaid blender. Cheaper than a Vitamix I think? It does everything and makes great smoothies. It also blends nuts for milk. I run it for quite a while and it has never smelled of burning. I also used it almost non-stop for two hours at a school fete making banana smoothies and it survived!
Thanks Vanderstel. It's good to hear good reviews before buying anything. The Kitchenaid is the other one that I've heard about, but I actually forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me! Nut milk - now that would be amazing to be able to make at home, as well as nut butter.

Thanks again.
Transverse Myelitis 2008; MS diagnosis July 2014 (relapsing-remitting); OMS July 2014.
Hello : )

What country are u in?

I am in Australia and have been asking the same thing.

I had a very cheap one and couldn't do veges in it for smoothies.

Just bought the sunbeam cafe series which is 2000w and looks like the next best thing to a vitamix : )

Xx
I'm in Australia. I've been looking at the Peters of Kensington website. So many exciting things on there! :)

I'm seriously considering the Kitchenaid 13-cup food processor, which claims to be able to do nut butters (so presumably green smoothies too).

I'll have a look at Sunbeam cafe series too.
I also have a Kitchenaid food processor and it is brilliant for making almond butter. SO easy! And in far less time than I expected. I've never tried making the smoothies in the food processor but I'm sure it could be done. I use it for my homemade hummus too. And for lazily chopping veg for soups!
Nutribullet is excellent.
We have a Blendtec. This is a fantastic blender and we have three jars for different functions. It has the most powerful motor of any on the market and different programmes for different things. It makes the smoothest smoothies I've ever known, wonderful nut butters & milks not to mention humous, sauces, soups and even ice cream! We have had cheaper but none of them were any good by comparison. IMO it is better than a Vitamix and takes less space under the worktop!
‘You are, through your soul not your body, a human being’.
Vitamix or Blendtec are hands down the best, but can be expensive. I recently purchased a vitamix and use it daily, so we'll worth it

Jennifer
http://www.froothie.co.nz/store/froothie-blenders
Just bought this and it Really is great; I decided to go with it rather than the Vitamix for more than double the price. No regrets.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
15 posts Page 1 of 2