17 posts Page 2 of 2
Both of my son's are allergic to dairy (one anaphylatic) so thankfully dairy is not an issue for us in this house. He still gets the 'dairy is good for you' message at school which is just wrong! Especially since dairy could kill my son (in more ways than one too!). When people ask me why I don't eat dairy, I tell them that if we were meant to drink dairy milk we would be a baby cow, that usually shuts them up :-)
valada wrote: my son's school does not allow any form of nut product.

Why?!
Our school is nut free too which is great for the children with nut allergies (such as my child), however all the other things he is allergic are all allowed so trying to keep him safe is a challenge to say the least.

People often ask me what my son eats with all his allergies, my usual response is really healthy food... No processed rubbish and they look at me as if I have two heads and think my kids are deprived when I tell them they have never had mcDonalds. For so e reason they seem to think my kids are missing out :-/
The reality in my eyes is the other kids are missing out on being cared for with good whole healthy food.
The power of marketing and sublimimal messaging is very strong I think.
veg wrote: The reality in my eyes is the other kids are missing out on being cared for with good whole healthy food.
The power of marketing and sublimimal messaging is very strong I think.

I completely agree!
Sushi, mini muffins, zuccini corn salmon fritters, bliss balls with/without nuts, crackers and lots do dips I.e.sweet potato, beet root, hommus, salsa, guacamole, eggplant...way easy to make, banana pike lets/mini pancakes.
I would agree with all the posts above. Kids lunch box is the big issue every mother faces. I use to give Sunflower seeds, green pumpkin seeds and linseeds on my kid lunch box. The great thing is he also likes it and finish it very well without any complaint. I wonder what preschooler mothers does for them, because preschoolers are about 2 to 3 years old and not having any maturity about what to eat and how to finish lunch without mommy. A few days ago I have read in an article about Best Melville preschool , provides meal to their students, which includes snacks lunch and afternoon snacks. Its really great to hear that schools are taking efforts for kids health.
17 posts Page 2 of 2