16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi folks,
I was wondering if there were any members based in Sydney, who might be interested in getting together?
I've been attending my local MS support group and they are lovely people but just on a completely different page to me in terms of how we approach living with MS.
I think that it would be great to be able to meet up with like-minded people, to share ideas and offer support to one another.
Anyone else interested in getting together?
kindness, Shell

This topic has been moved to the Location forum Wendy:Moderator
Thought that i would bump this up in case anyone might be interested...

shelly
Hi
I live in Wollongong. I agree with you that MS support groups are on a totally different place - not looking at diet, just about "ways to cope"

Maybe we could arrange something - not sure where to meet?

Janice
Diagnosis Apr 2010, Coeliac Nov 2010. Procrastinated a bit. Fully OMS Sept 2011.
Hi Janice,

I live in sutherland shire so not so far...

Hopefully we'll get a few more takers and find somewhere that suits everyone...

Anybody else interested?
shelly
Hi, my wife and I live in Kiama and would both be interested. Kiama is a great place to meet as well ;)
Hi Paul,

Kiama is a beautiful place - feeling a little envious! I'm so happy that you and your wife are interested in meeting up with Janice and myself.

I'll leave it a couple of more days to see if anybody else is interested (I know you lurkers are out there - come on, join in the fun!!) and then we might start trying to fix on a date and location.

kindness,
Shelly
Hi,
I'm in Sydney too. Opposite pole though, Hornsby. Might be a bit hard to find a middle ground.
Cheers,
Vicki
Hi everyone

I'm new to this site & MS. I was diagnosed in June this year so am slowly finding my way and got the book in the post this week.

i live in Coogee and would be very interested in meeting up if something can be worked out.

Look forward to hearing back.

Jenni
OK, so we have Hornsby, Coogee, Sutherland Shire, Wollongong and Kiama.
Any suggestions as to where we should meet?

And a time? - weekends? Maybe a saturday arvo?

Any other people are in/close to Sydney who would like to meet up?

Janice
Diagnosis Apr 2010, Coeliac Nov 2010. Procrastinated a bit. Fully OMS Sept 2011.
A saturday or sunday lunch maybe so that those who do have to travel have plenty of time to do so (don't know about any of you but takes me awhile to get going in the morning and It is embarrassing what time my slippers get put on in the afternoon!). Maybe last weekend of october, first weekend of november date-wise?

If anybody needs it to be closer to them for mobility reasons, could you pm me please?

Thanks, shelly
16 posts Page 1 of 2