18 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi all,

I live in Brisbane and work in the CBD if anyone fancies a coffee and a chat sometime.

Take care, Louise xox
Hi Louise

I live in Brisbane and I would love to get together to chat about OMSing. Maybe we can get a lunch organised with a few others from Brissy. I live and work full time in the northern suburbs so school holidays or a weekend green tea/ coffee or lunch are best for me.

D
Deepak's motivational thoughts that help me are; why we need to accept the diagnosis we do not need to accept the prognosis, and little changes amount to big benefits!
Hi Louise and Doris,

I'm also in Brissy, and happy to meet for a coffee too. Did you make a time?

Cheers
Kaybe
Hey that's great there are 3 of us. I could do a Saturday morning coffee somewhere as long as I can get there by train, i live in Albion, or during the week in the city over a lunch time? Anyone got a favourite coffee/ tea place?
Hi Louise and Kaybe

Fundies in the main street of Paddington is an organic coffee shop and grocer. Great veggie juices too. It is not on a train line but buses are In and out of the city on a regular route I think. We could also car pool. I am fine to pick you up Louise if you need. Saturdays are good for me too.
D :)
Deepak's motivational thoughts that help me are; why we need to accept the diagnosis we do not need to accept the prognosis, and little changes amount to big benefits!
Fundies is good for me :)

I can't do this Saturday but am free the two after that?
:oops: Hi Louise

I am good with either of the Saturday's you mentioned. See what is good for Kaybe and any other interested Brissy OMS folk.

I am so glad you put this out there as I have been watching the other Aussie states getting together with quiet admiration.

Just a little heads up to paint my picture, this is a big step for me as i am, and have been very protective and private of my situation over the past 15 months. I have decided to tell very few of my friends why I have changed my way of life. For me it has been a very very private journey supported by my wonderful husband, my beautiful children and 2 wonderful nursing friends.

People on this site seem to be very open which is the one thing I am not. I strive to keep my life and health challenges private however It feels like it is time for another one of my baby steps so thanks for the invite.

D
Hi

Saturdays mornings can work for me with a little planning - I have 2 kids that have volleyball, tennis and dancing on Saturdays. No wonder I have no life!!!!
I am in the eastern suburbs, so not much help with getting a lift. Let me know which day and time you pick.
Cheers kaybe (Kylie)
Hi Doris and Kylie,

How about Saturday the 23rd February @ Fundies in Paddington then. What time suits you both? I'm up early and I don't have kids so anytime suits me.

Doris thanks for sharing your story in a lot of ways it's very similar to mine. Looks like we were diagnosed at similar times, Sept '11 for me, and my partner has been my rock through the whole process. I have also not shared my MS with many and nobody at work knows. I'm a quiet person by nature but am trying to be more confident. I have also been keeping my eye on this section and felt very brave and then scared after posting, I know that sounds really silly!

Am looking forward to meeting you both and if there are any other Brisbane OMS's out there please join us.

Louise xox
Thanks Louise,

That makes me feel a lot better as I was happy but then apprehensive after replying to your post too! Saturday 23rd sounds good to me. I am also not restricted with a time so maybe Kaybe can nominate a time that suits as the kids may have sports or dance.

I am looking forward to meeting you Louise as it does sound like we have taken a similar journey thus far, and Kaybe (the dynamic whizz in the kitchen) I have read all your posts. See you guys soon.

Oh confession here!! D is my Alias as I was so concerned when I first joined this site regards privacy as literally the whole world can read these very personal messages so I will rectify the name thing when we meet. Paranoid I know!
:D D. XOXO
18 posts Page 1 of 2