5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I am newly diagnosed (December 2013) at age 22 and this is my first time on the forum. I am currently still recovering from the diagnostic relapse but have been on the OMS diet for almost a month.

I would really like to have a supportive GP or neuro who knows about the OMS diet, is interested in taking a holistic approach, in helping me investigate what might be causing this imbalance and in helping me get back on track. I am not having much luck finding one, so far the advice is to take the disease modifying treatment and hope for the best. If anyone has any recommendations for a GP or neuro in Sydney I would be very grateful. I am in inner Sydney, but not fussy about traveling for someone great!

Hi Anna
I am also trying to find a neurologist of a similar nature. I have had reports that Dr Judy Spies is good, but no personal experience. I am interested to hear what others have to say. Jodie
Hi Anna and Jodie

I don't like to be negative or disappoint you, but unfortunately I don't think you will find a GP or a Neuro who will take a holistic approach/recommend the OMS diet as a way to treat your MS. They are scientists/physicians. They are not trained in nutrition and have spent years and years studying medicine and are devoted to the study and treatment of the disease and not health. They are also ultra-conservative and you can't blame them, we live in a highly litigious world. There are loads of other reasons as well, but I won't go into detail (drug companies, medical boards, medical standards etc etc).

In saying that - there is nothing stopping you taking a holistic approach yourself.

I live in Sydney. I have a GP, a Neuro and I am on the OMS diet/way of life. For me the OMS diet is extremely important in overcoming the disease, but I know my GP and Neuro thinks otherwise, but I am ok with that cause I know I am doing everything possible to keep myself as healthy as I possibly can be. I take the holistic approach (through diet, exercise, meditation, yoga, work-life-balance etc etc) and I use my GP and Neuro to monitor me.

Wishing you both all the best!
Hi ladies,

Did you end up finding a GP/Neuro you are satisfied with?

Christine - what you are saying rings true for me...
I've downgraded my expectations now and am just looking for someone who is responsive and willing to take the time to explain things to me.
My current Neuro is great on paper and when I get to see him, but he is too busy often to provide a good service.
Diagnosed 2013
OMS retreat Feb 2016
Tecfidera
Hello Group,

Slightly different thread but I'am moving to Sydney next month for 4 months from London then travelling and Melbourne for 4 months. I am currently on Copaxone as well as the OMS diet. I haven't had a relapse in two years and have very minimal symptoms. I've been told by both my Neurologists and GP that there is no one they can put me in contact with once I arrive in Sydney (Neuro/GP) and I will have to make my own connections.

I haven't got the slightest idea where to start.

My Fiance has an australian passport and the idea is that we spend the year in Australia to see if we both potentially want to move there.

This whole dilemma with finding a neurologist and perhaps not being able to continue my meds is bothering me a little. I'm doing so well and don't want to end up taking a step backwards, especially as I'm newly engaged and in another country.

Any help would be SO appreciated.
5 posts Page 1 of 1