5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi OMSers,

Can anyone tell me whether there is a meet-up/support group in Melbourne, Aus?

I am moving in a couple of weeks' time, to study at Monash University (and living in Clayton. IKEA, here I come!). I'm very excited! Once I'm there I'm going to search for a good psychologist, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very appreciative!

Transverse Myelitis 2008; MS diagnosis July 2014 (relapsing-remitting); OMS July 2014.
I Sabinrose,
I just read your post about you studying at Monash University.
You probably know already but Dr Craig Hassad teaches there. ( his mindful meditations are in the meditation section. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4401 ) and I'm sure that he would be able to recommend a Neuro Psychologist.
He was on the OMS retreat that I attended, teaching us mindfulness meditation.
p.s. sorry that I can't help with your request, as I live In New Zealand, but Craig would probably be able to help you with that too!
Love and light
Rose x
google "the nerve centre" in blackburn - they have a lot of info on such things
Hi SabineRose,

We do have a meet-up group in Melbourne, but we haven't got around to meeting up for quite some time! Your post spurs me to put the idea onto my calendar to try organising a meetup/lunch again sometime in autumn.

I will post in the thread below:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3662

Also, you may be interested to attend the Ballarat Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis Walk 2015. It's a fundraiser for OMS, a 6 kilometre walk or ride around Lake Wendouree in Ballarat. I am planning to go, and hopefully ride a bike. I live on the Mornington Peninsula, so could offer to drive you if you're interested. Send me a private message if you wish. Here's the Facebook link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/5330749 ... r=upcoming.

Or you can email the organiser, Elizabeth, at this address: overcomingmsballarat@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,

Sue
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Thank you Rose, nryan and Sue!

I have been here for a week now, and it turns out that the mindfulness classes are only a few minutes' walk from my residence, which is great. I am also very close to the Monash University gym and pool. I did a yoga class today and it was great. The teacher said she's worked with a few people with MS before, and she was great in showing me the more gentle yoga moves.

Sue, the OMS walk looks great. I don't have my bike, but I'd love to do the walk. I will send you a private message about it shortly.

Thanks again!
Transverse Myelitis 2008; MS diagnosis July 2014 (relapsing-remitting); OMS July 2014.
5 posts Page 1 of 1