48 posts Page 3 of 5
doumbos wrote: George,

How about starting a thread of restaurant reviews? I was pleased to hear about Zum Zum and will try it.

Perhaps we can have threads related to every city wherein resides an Omsarian?

Cheers,

Sue

What a great idea - have a look in the Miscellaneous forum and see the Professor's review of Zum Zum: http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/Community/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2190
11/03/2012 :

NON ORGANIC :
----------------------
9pm - HONEY 1 tsp

ORGANIC :
----------------
1am - *ALMONDS 15g (PRESOAKED)
ROW UNTREATED HONEY 1 tsp
BEE POLEN 1 tsp
9am - GLUTEN FREE PORRIDGE 100g with distilled water
FRESH ORANGE JUICE 250ml
10pm - PEAR 2 BIG = 400g
12pm - *** SARDINES 100g = 8g
1pm - FRESH CARROTS JUICE 250ml
2pm - POLLACK FILLET 160g AFTER STEAMING
TOMATOES 250g
RED BELL PEPPER 1 BIG
DRY FIG 5
3pm - GLUTEN FREE PORRIDGE 92g with distilled water
6pm - SOUP : BUTTER BEANS 100g / CARROTS / ONION = 1 BOWL (with distilled water)
8pm - SWEEET POTATO 1 baked
DRY PRUNES 5
DRY APRICOT 5
YELLOW APPLE 2
* WALNUTS 16g (PRESOAKED)
9pm - GLUTEN FREE PORRIDGE 91g with distilled water

ORGANIC LINSEED MILLED : 50g = 23g FLAXSEED OIL
-------------------------
CELTIC SEA SALT : 5g
------------------
EVIAN WATER : 1,5 lit
--------------
Here's what I had yesterday...

Breakfast - green smoothie (banana, strawberry's, kale, beetroot)

Lunch - salad (lettuce, cucumber, fennel, celery, radish) with flax seed dressing, baked potato

Dinner - baked haddock, buckwheat noodles, green beans, asparagus - this was particularly delicious!

Snacks - walnuts, 2 x nectarine, grapes, prunes
Yesterday I had:
Breakfast: pancakes with banana, strawberries and maple syrup
snack: apple
Lunch: bean salad & nectarine
snack: hummous with carrot and cucumber sticks
dinner: pasta, tinned tuna, chickpeas, tomato, capsicum and corn
snack: toast with flaxseed oil and honey
Breakfast: carrot, apple and kale juice
Snack: handful (about 1/4 cup) walnuts
Lunch: spring rolls (wrapped up the pulp from the morning juicing and added some extra greens) with homemade olive oil/sweet onion dressing
Dinner: spinach salad, pasta with spiced tomato sauce and tofu meatballs, whole grain toast

lots of water
Breaky: gluten free porridge with apple, banana, blueberries, & chia seeds on top
2-3 brazil nuts

Snack: baby beetroot & pear salad (as I pre-cooked bunch beets the other night)

Lunch: leftover pasta gluten free, with tomato, zucchini, lemon etc & nutritional yeast mixed with a tiny dash EVOO on top, plus sardines in spring water.
Apple.

Afternoon: cappuccino with bonsoy
Snack: smoothie with flax oil on top

Dinner: millet & sweet potato mash, topped with mushroom gravy. Sides of baby beetroot with adzuki beans, plus beetroot, carrot & Ginger pickles. (leftovers for next lunch & snacks)
Grapes, dried fruit

I pre-cooked adzuki beans 1 or 2 nights ago. Tonight I'll make them into no-bake brownies then freeze. I'll update recipe thread if it's a success.
Breakfast: poached egg whites and spinach on multigrain toast

Lunch: leftover thai prawn, pea and green bean curry and rice (made with soy milk/coconut essence substitute for coconut milk)

Dinner: 4 friends for dinner - lamb korma (which I didn't have of course), lentils with spinach and coriander, gujerati green beans, rice, poppadoms cooked in microwave, mango chutney, lime pickle. All served in big bowls on table so plenty for me to help myself too. All the OMS food went, only lamb leftover which is interesting! Zesty lemon cake with lemon syrup from this site, fresh blueberries.

Snacks during day: kiwifuit, corn thins with hummus, toast with flax oil and marmite, mint tea, black espresso coffee
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Bean casseroles and baked potatoes are both good - take ages but can be ignored for most of the cooking time. Stick in the oven, study for an hour or 2 then eat :-)
Ooh Gujerati green beans sounds lovely ;-) Mum and dad took me to a Gujerati restaurant one time and it was yummy
Yesterday...

Breakfast 10:30am (all made in my Vitamix blender):
16oz Green Smoothie (mesclun greens, spinach, celery, broccoli, raw ginger root, avocado, chia seeds, red globe grapes, orange, stevia)

16oz. Purple Smoothie (Almond milk, 5 frozen strawberries, 3 tbsp brewer's yeast, 3 heaping spoons of unsweetened cocoa powder)

After breakfast, I was either on the subway commuting or in rehearsals (I'm a freelance classical musician), so I took a 32oz. thermos of green smoothie with me and just took a gulp or two whenever I felt like it. I didn't get home until a little before midnight. Bedtime was 3:30am.

11:45pm Dinner:
Sprouted brown rice risotto with sun dried tomatoes, lentils, and shitakke mushrooms (from the organic deli). 8 mandarin oranges (I had a craving- so sue me. Plus, they were PERFECT. In fact, I think I'll go polish off the rest of the bag right now before they're too ripe :D ).
48 posts Page 3 of 5