133 posts Page 3 of 14
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 Next
Your menus sound nice :)
The weather change, as it has got so much colder just recently, may have sapped you, I am making an effort to try to eat/snack more so I can keep warm.
veg wrote: Your menus sound nice :)
The weather change, as it has got so much colder just recently, may have sapped you, I am making an effort to try to eat/snack more so I can keep warm.

Thank you for your support :)
I definately think the cold has had an effect on me. Thats a great idea about snacking, I think I will do that - hopefully it will help. :)
Today is my weekly vitamins;
Vitamin D3 - 50, 000 IU. Vitamin B12 - 1,000mcg.

Breakfast - homemade apple, dried fruit and cinnamon porridge. Cup of tea with oat milk.

Lunch - 2 crumpets with flaxseed oil and jam. Cut of tea with oat milk.

Dinner - homemade sundried tomato bulgar wheat with kidney beans, tuna and spring onions.

Supper; Soya burger ((no soy-isolates) but still :oops: ) with spinach and tomatoes - followed with some frozen blueberries.

Snacks - 2 apples, tablespoon of pine nuts, green tea

Still struggling :roll: - hopefully it's just the transition. Must remind myself I've only be doing this little over a week and Rome wasn't built in a day.

How's everyone doing?
Breakfast - muesli with blueberries, linseed oil and apple juice (I use a cheap shop-bought muesli mix and add extra almonds, raisins, sunflower seeds, linseeds and green pumpkin seeds) plus cup of lady grey tea
Lunch - pepper stuffed with cherry tomatoes, chestnut mushrooms, garlic and parsley, with 2 slices wholemeal bread plus cup of lady grey tea
Dinner - homemade bean burgers in wholemeal bread with steamed asparagus and mixed-leaf salad (beanburgers have onion, garlic, chilli, sweet potato, parsley, coriander, garam masala, kidney beans and black-eyed beans) plus glass of merlot
Snacks - sesame snaps x 2, coffee, handful of almonds
Breakfast
Bircher oats with apple, cinnamon, honey, rice milk, sunflower seeds and chopped almonds.

Lunch
Sushi and tossed salad

Dinner
Pasta, tomato/veg sauce, and mackerel

Snacks
apple,cup tea, cups rooibos,handful dried fruit and nut mix.

I aspire to a meal of Catriona's bean burger!

Ruth
ruthmj wrote: I aspire to a meal of Catriona's bean burger!

Ruth

Me too Ruth... it sounds lovely!! @Catriona can we come for tea....? :lol: :lol:

Breakfast - museli with dried fruit, linseeds and orange juice poured over. Cup of tea with oat milk.

Lunch - Homemade hummous, carrot and red pepper on seeded bread. 1 apple

Dinner - Salmon, new potatoes, carrots, peas and cabbage. Followed by an orange and a kiwi.

Snacks - yorkshire tea with oat milk, green tea and lemon, frozen blueberries.
For those who are interested (thanks!) here's the bean burger recipe (credit to the lovely Avril Povah who ran a cookery course I did last year, which included these burgers):

Ingredients
Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 sweet potato, grated
2 large chillies, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin black-eyed beans
1 mug fresh breadcrumbs
1 medium egg
1/2 bunch fresh coriander
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
Black pepper

Method
Preheat oven to 180C

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes, stirring frequently

Add the sweet potato, chillies and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes

Add the ground spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly

Add the beans and mash into a rough paste

Add the breadcrumbs, egg and chopped fresh herbs. Stir until evenly mixed, add ground pepper to taste

Shape into 6-8 burgers.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, turn and bake for a further 15-20 minutes

Tweaks
Saute the onion at a low temperature with water or stock and maybe a very little EVOO

Omit the egg, use a bit of EVOO instead, or just use the egg white

You can replace some or all of the sweet potato with ordinary potato, beetroot and/or celeriac

If (like me on sunday) you suddenly realise that you've run out of ground coriander, garam masala can be used instead :oops:

The burgers freeze well - shape them then freeze them on an oven dish, when frozen take them off and put in plastic bags. Add an extra 5 minutes or so per side onto the cooking times
Inspiring stuff you lot. I love the sound of the Catriona's stuffed pepper too.

Here's my full OMS plan for today:

Breakfast - freshly squeezed OJ, two tabs flaxseed oil, 2 x vit B tablets, 1 x B12 tablet
16klm ride to work
Soy latte

Mid morning
hand full of almonds and dates
banana

Lunch
salmon and vegetables
2klm walk/run, 20 minutes meditation while lying in the sun ( not telling where as I'll be in my undies)

Afternoon snack
apple
handful
16klm ride home

Tea
read thai tofu and veggie curry with rice noodles
Glass of cab merlot

Later
couple of barley sugars
Blessings
Alex

Developed 5 May 2011, Diagnosed 4 Aug 2011, OMS 15 Sept 2011, Gluten-Free 22 February 2012, Recovery declaration 2 September 2014, recanting of recovery declaration due to relapse 14 October 2019.
Thanks Catriona, that sounds amazing - and I love sweet potatoes! That's on my menu next week! Thanks again!
No problem :-) I'm very tempted to ask my parents to pay for another cookery course as a Christmas present (mum's been asking me what I want) - it gave me several recipes that have become regular favourites, and always fun to enjoy cooking with other people who share the hobby
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 Next
133 posts Page 3 of 14