133 posts Page 9 of 14
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14 Next
B: lemon and water on waking. 2 weetbix with soy. Earl grey tea. Nectarine

L: Sweet potato falafel wrap (same as last nights dinner). Fruit salad (grapes red and green and nectarines). Earl grey tea.

D: pasta with spinach and grape tomatoes with a splash of EVOO.

Snacks: 3 rice cakes with hummus. About 10 raw almonds. Pineapple and lime sorbet. Earl grey tea. 2L water.
Oh yum, sweet potato falafels....must try those!!!

Breakfast - porridge with apples, sultanas and maple syrup

Lunch - tomato soup with 3 rice crackers and hummous

Dinner - jacket potato with hummous and baked beans. Followed by a banana, a fruit puree' pot and grapes.

Snacks - 2 slices of wheat free seeded bread (with flax oil and jam), lots of water, couple cups of green tea and 1 cup of english tea.
I've always thought this thread was so helpful, I thought I'd try to get it going again.

breakfast~ Green smoothie (I have this every morning) with a banana, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 2 TBLS ground flax seed, about 3 cups raw spinach and water all whipped up

snack~ 2 hard boiled egg whites, a couple of strawberries and decaf green tea

lunch~ brown rice vegetable sushi with gluten free soy sauce and raw veggies (cucumbers, carrots, red pepper and black olives)

snack~ half an apple with 1 TBLS raw almond butter

dinner~ vegetarian chili

I drink water with all of my meals and throughout the day.
Karen

Diagnosed Oct 1992. First major exacerbation Feb 2011.
Ok, here I go:)

B - Same smoothie I have every morning...frozen mixed berries, banana, kale, flax oil, ice, and orange juice....so good, just so darn good!

L - mixed greens, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and some dressing called Garlic Expressions. It is the best dressing I have ever tasted, but it does have a little canola oil and sugar:(

D - Grilled Salmon marinated in soy, steamed cauliflower, and quinoa with cilantro, lime juice, and a splash of EVOO.

Snacks - 3 tangerines, 6 small sweet peppers, apple with homemade almond butter (love you Vitamix!)
thank you for your help. since yesterday I have not had any dairy or meat.
since I really didn't know what to eat I bought some kale and had that for dinner.
in the morning I have been eating rye toast...looks like breads and pastas seem to be okay.
I don't know what I will have today, but what about granola or cereals? is that ok?
The least processed food the better so look for whole grains and read very carefully the ingredients watch out for added oils and watch out for sneaky measurements based on serving size.
Hi All!

Thank you for your menus. I'm 23 and just starting the OMS diet. So it's great to have some examples.
Forgive my naivety but I never really see pumpkin mentioned much...??
Is it high in fat or something?

Thank you,
Caitlyn
Pumpkin is just fine, Caitlyn. Enjoy it!

I like this recipe for pumpkin salad, posted by Kaybe: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2716
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Hi all,

Does anyone want to help me get this thread back up and running? I don't know about you but I've always found it useful to know what everyone else is eating/doing. :)

Well, here goes...

Breakfast - Dani-muesli (puffed brown rice, oats, ground flaxseeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, almonds and dried cranberries) with soya milk and a chopped banana

Lunch - Brown rice cakes with houmous, tomato and avocado

Dinner - Ramen of brown rice noodles, tofu, pak choi, mushrooms, spring onions, miso, ginger, garlic, red chilli and coriander

Snacks and drinks - 2 clementines, an apple, a Cocoa Delight Nakd bar, camomile tea and lots of water

Activity - 3 mile walk, 30 minutes yoga, 20 minutes meditation

So there you have it! Over to you... :)
Breakfast - very big bowl of home made Bircher muesli with oats, sultanas, grated apple, soy yoghurt, cinnamon, stewed rhubarb, blueberries and ground flaxseed.

Lunch - tahini, chilli sauce, avocado and salad sandwich on multi grain bread.

Dinner - ciabatta bread dipped in flaxseed oil and walnut dukkah. Pasta with fresh tomatoes, garlic, green beans, rocket, chilli and canned tuna. Nice big glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Couple of squares of rose turkish delight.

Snacks - corn crackers with hummus, banana, couple of apricots, espresso coffee, peppermint tea.

20 minutes on static bike, 10 minutes yoga type meditation and various mindful moments during the day. Approx total of 30mls of flaxseed oil plus a tablespoon of ground flax seeds.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14 Next
133 posts Page 9 of 14