87 posts Page 7 of 9
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Thanks Wendy, I tried the parchment paper too and all it did was burn before it cooked the salmon.
Perhaps the difference may be that I cook on gas and that is way different from electrical heat.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
My hob has both halogen and gas, I use a small gas burner set quite low and it works well. I also cover the pan for the last couple of minutes cooking time.

Wendy
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Thanks will make that modification
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
I'm gonna start a thread on cooking techniques, I had the same burny paper problem. I think I have found another way........

Gareth
Gareth don't be keeping those cooking secrets to yourself........ :lol:
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Cooking techniques thread is an ace idea
Gareth wrote: Saturday 4th December

... On reflection, this was a cheat, not a compromise but a cheat - first one in 14 weeks mind. I think it might be some kind of rebellion due to the fact that I am finding it increasingly difficult to walk, which is really pissing me off. Any way, the meal came and from the outset, something didn't feel right; it felt way too creamy. Towards, the end of the meal I decided to double check that was no dairy in this in case I had made a mistake. I saw that right next to the dish I had ordered was the dish I was actually eating - they had brought me the wrong one! Thankfully no dairy but the dish was made with coconut milk. Have you seen how much saturated fat is in coconut milk? I stopped eating the meal there but my saturated fat level will have been far too high for the day, I'm not gonna try and count it.

I'd been having a reasonable day up to that point. During a morning meditation I'd had quite profound revelation that happiness was really the only thing that I am after. MS can take many things from me but it can never take my happiness. This made me glad. It doesn't mean that I am about to abandon the program and eat steak because being able to walk, see and think straight help with whole happiness thing.

But I feel crap today. Is it due to the meal? Is it due to the alcohol? Is it just another day in the happy world of MS? I don't know. I don't know how you know. I am gonna try and have a good day today, it's the last day of my food diary and I need to do penance for last night. Unfortunately, I am going out for another meal for my mother-in-law's birthday tonight but I have negotiated the dishes beforehand so I should be OK.

Gareth - I just read this and wanted to know if you're feeling better. I just went through a period of increased symptoms after feeling almost none for a while. It was clearly stress related and I wanted to ask you a few questions:

How long since your last exacerbation - i.e. are you still recovering from it?
Are you stressed? My biggest symptoms and all exacrbations have come during stress
Are you exercising all the time? I count my exercise and meditation as the main thing that keeps me sane and pain-free
Have you tried the tapes from Jon kabatt-zin for pain relief? they're wonderful.

Are you feeling better?
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
I'm having another good spell at the moment; they seem to be coming more and more often :P

Luckily, pain has never been a symptom of my MS; long may that continue.

I've got the books that you talk about; I've heard you talk about them before so I figured I would give them a try. The problem is that my reading list is so long these days.

Gareth
Gareth

Congratulations on your food diary. After reading it I can see that I must be exceeding my sat fat limit heavily on numerous days, especially if it seems something as seemingly innocent as muesli adds to the calculation. However I am very slim and seem to lose weight rather than gain, so much so that I worry that if I were to start excercisng again I will end up a size 8. But it could be because I've stopped taking my daily doses of fish and flax oils.

In terms of weight I can see from your diary that aside from your fruit smoothies, on most days you really don't eat more than I do, however overall in a given week I will have have eaten more fat ( I use EVOO like its going out of fashion) and on some days eat chips and chicken etc. (a year and half into the diet I've got a little lazy). But I am a five ft 4in female and if you don't mind me asking you must be losing weight big time?

Apologies if you have already commented on your weight and I've just not seen it.
Hi Pipo, can I ask why you have stopped with the daily fish/lflaxseed oil? Are you eating actual fish everyday? Remember how important Omega 3 is to the Program.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
87 posts Page 7 of 9