127 posts Page 12 of 13
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Consider yourself adopted!!

Really wonderful to meet you Cinders and everyone else!! It was lovely! A real tonic!!

We will do it again soon!!

Take Care All

Love

Phil XXXXXXX
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
Thanks to everyone who turned up! At our first meeting we discovered that...

...OMSers are happy, friendly, positive people - all smiles and laughter :-)
...lots of OMSers have some kind of medical background - physio, nurse, cancer researcher etc
...most OMSers have read the China Study
...Phil's parents are lovely and may be surprised to discover that they accidentally adopted everyone there
...everyone has their own way of following OMS and their own tips for success - exercise types, meditation techniques, diet advice
...in fact we had so much to talk about that we didn't make it beyond the café at Dunham Massey!

The National Trust staff were very friendly and welcoming. It was possible to hire a scooter, the café had soya milk and fresh fruit, we can't comment on the actual house and grounds as we were too busy talking each other's ears off! Brilliant to meet you all face-to-face and I'm already looking forward to our next get-together (which is likely to be in Sheffield visiting Sarah)

There are photos, but not on my camera - I'm sure they'll be shared soon.
I am soooo jealous! Well done you lot. Sounds like a wonderful day.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Hello Playmates, we need to set another date!! I am missing you all already. I know Sarah said we can all go to her gaff. Shall We all take something so poor Sarah is not catering for us as well!!

Let Me know what you think - let us know Sarah if you want us in Sheffield!!

Rachel - I will post that book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toodles for Now

Phil XXXXXX
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
Oh yes, brilliant! I would love to meet up again - sooner rather than later. Then perhaps we can get to meet some of the people who couldn't make it last time. What does everybody else think?
Hi All

Just been catching up on your day in Dunham Massey, sounds like you had a great time!

Are you talking of meeting in Sheffield next time? How far from Manchester is Sheffield? Forgive my lack of knowledge, geography isn't my strong point ;)
Hello Northwesters (and everyone else)
I'd love to have the next meeting happen in Sheffield, at and around my house.
I will PM everyone I know is interested: catriona, phil, cbeebies, cinders, lauratee...
Anyone else PLEASE send me a private message to be in on our meeting
and to discuss ideas. Advantage to meeting at our house: we never close!
Enjoy the sun,
Sarah
If you never close we might never stop talking and leave Sarah! Been so busy these 2 weeks. It's a good job the fatigue is lessening. I have to say I've been more motivated to reduce my saturated fat intake even more but have to say that I made a dairy and wheat free rhubarb cake yesterday so have been very good with everything else today. Phil, I've been counting the saturates since our weekend. Give us some possible dates, my diary seems packed so it could be hit or miss. If you can get to Leeds in the week that might a possible! Really do want to meet up again, it was great.

We can all bring a dish and have a picnic! A good way to share recipes.

Rachel
Just to let you all know I have sent an email to wit after reading the newsletter about the South West group with some details about our day and some of the comments you'd posted on the forum.

Rachel
I hope you included a photo of Cinderella!
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
127 posts Page 12 of 13