280 posts Page 6 of 28
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 28 Next
Thanks Steve. I actually have a pack of silken tofu waiting to be turned into something edible, so this gives me the perfect opportunity! Just been reading some interesting stuff about soy - link below. Another thing to be eaten in moderation. What is your view on going gluten-free? I'm seriously considering it.

http://chriskresser.com/beyond-paleo-2? ... 5ed3da5f98
Soy and other legumes are extremely healthy products. This diet FAQ written by Professor Jelinek explains it well.
http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... rces/FAQs/
Anything anti-soy is flesh industry propaganda. Two weeks gluten free now! :-)
Hmmm.. Soy is a known allergen. I was hooked by the bit about Asian diets featuring largely fermented soy. Will carry on researching, but I take your point. With the current state of the food industry, it's certainly a good time to be vegetarian!

Well done on the gluten-free. How are you finding it? Are you cutting out all grains? I need inspiration :roll:
I tend to stick very closely to the Prof's guidelines, so I'm still on soy and gluten big time. @steveW - any noticeable changes since giving up gluten?

I do avoid vegetable oil and coconut oil re OMS book, so no vegegusto or booja booja for me.

Flaxfarm is an excellent company to order flaxseed oil from by the way.

I've got some print outs re OMS that could be left in the therapy centre reception area? Or with Mike might be better?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.theveganrd.com/2011/08/soy-i ... rogen.html

More about soy and the estrogen fearmongering.
Penny I'm not an expert on the fermented/non fermented soy question....more research needed! I think I heard that from Dr Mercola also.

Any info for the Centre (some people don't WANT to get better though) or Mike would be a great idea. I donated the OMS book ages ago.

Gluten free is hard. Period.
Diet or wheelchair. Feels easier now!

Note to self- no more Booja Booja. Vegusto will be harder but.....

:-))

Steve
Hi Steve and Steve,
OK, thanks for the soy stuff. Interesting.

So, very sad about booja booja and vegusto. I've been reading about frozen bananas being a good icecream substitute. Apparently you need to peel them, cut into 3 and freeze in clingfilm.

This recipe sounds good and easy. From Dr Fuhrman's 'Eat for Health':

Red Velvet sorbet (serves 4)

4 large ripe bananas, frozen
10 oz frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons natural, non-alkalised cocoa powder
4-5 pitted chopped dates

Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until creamy. Refreeze briefly 3- 5 mins.
Hi Penny

Sorbet sounds delicious! Sorry to be a booja booja killjoy!

Did my latest vitd test yesterday ( I want to test every March & Sep). Have you tested for vitd3 level?

Steve
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 28 Next
280 posts Page 6 of 28