4 posts Page 1 of 1
Morning
I am 54 (!) and was diagnosed with MS in 2001. I was a longstanding veggie.

After an initial meltdown I lived a gluten, dairy, booze free life.
I started eating fish and took various vitamins.

I then took my eye off the dairy/meat ball and had a relapse in 2009.
Since then I have had a couple of relapses and now use a walking stick and take Tecfidera.

My question is: if I return to the OMS diet, will it reverse the MS damage done? I hope it would halt progression, but reversing would be fab!
Is that unrealistic?

From an optimistic fantasist
M x x
Hi

Impossible question to answer, as everyone is different, but I have to say that I feel some of my symptoms are reversing, mobility-wise. This takes time (four years on OMS so far, and I am still using crutches, but I feel that my body is getting stronger and some symptoms have disappeared).

You have nothing to lose!

Rachel
Prof. Jelinek has said that once the disease is stabilised, some recovery can often follow. So be optimistic!!
First symptom 2006
Diagnosed Dec. 2016
OMS Jan. 2017
I think it's a great option to be back on the OMS journey as we can heal ourselves with diet meditation yoga etc ! I also was diagnosed in 2001 and have been pretty focused on diet and lifestyle ever since . Am 50 this year and am touch wood walking well ( no stick) slight foot drop after quite a few miles walk and look well so know what we eat is so relevant to how we are as well as stress management! Meditation and mindfulness so important. As to total recovery we cannot be sure but you will improve if you follow the plan . I would say do it :-) nothing to lose . Good luck anita
4 posts Page 1 of 1