5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a problem with guided meditation on a CD, that is it annoys me horribly, even if I found the same person's books inspiring and gladly incorporated their suggestions in my daily practice. Has this happened to anybody else?
Hi Cats. Yes, this happens to me. A while ago, I did the Chopra Center's 21 day meditation challenge, where they send you a guided meditation every day for 21 days (obviously). On about Day 10, I had to visualise the words that best characterised my feelings moment after moment during the meditation. I couldn't get past 'judgement' because the guy who led the meditations irritated me so much :lol: Interestingly, by Day 21 I had well and truly tuned out from this response...
.......try a different guided meditation.
I had to get used to one guy with a creepy voice and I have a new CD with a guy who sounds like he's talking to a hurt 5yo.

I just try to get the message and ignore his voice, but it can get difficult.

there must be many more out there.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
drjo and Alex, you're really funny :lol: Anyway, I tried different types of guided meditation during the brief time since I began trying meditation (about 1 and a half years), but I just can't seem to connect to the guy speaking. I guess I'm generally too judgemental :roll:

later edit: one guy at some point says the word more and sounds just like a bear, a rather angry one :lol:
5 posts Page 1 of 1