5 posts Page 1 of 1
I've just ordered this 4 CD set by Jon Kabat Zinn from Amazon. Apparently, it comprises 4 guided meditations of 45 minutes each. Has anyone used these?

Thanks!
Not that specific set, but I use Jon Kabat Zinn's stuff and it is EXCELLENT. He has the most amazing way of describing it. Nice one! You'll love it. The only only thing is in his earlier CDs, his accent is a Little funny. I assume he got elocution at some point.

If anyone wants to start meditating or if you suffer from any anxiety and especially depression, you should check out this book. It's like no other. And you can read half the book in the preview anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Way-throu ... 755&sr=8-1
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
Really stressed out at the moment (just started new job) and been feeling rough all week, so I'm finally going to bite the bullet and properly start trying meditation. So far just own 1 book by JKZ (Wherever You Go, The You Are); just ordered your recommendation from Amazon, Alex, along with Full Catastrophe Living.
Excellent. Zinn is the master, but at the end of the day, we all have to find what works best for us. The depression book is very good, though. And I've been doing zinn meditations for 1 1/2 years and I can say it has changed my life in ways I couldn't imagine. My whole life is so much clearer and less stressful. It takes time to learn and then add whatyou learn into your life. At least it worked that way for me.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
hi
i found a really good meditation cd called A Chakra Meditation by Glenn Harrold. i bought it to use when my yoga class closes for holidays etc. i don't think anyone can explain to you how good meditation is, you have to try it yourself, don't you. Just received the book 'overcoming multiple sclerosis' by professor George Jelinek.
5 posts Page 1 of 1