8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I have done a fair bit of meditation over the years, and a lot of yoga. I know that the general consensus is that you should be seated to avoid falling asleep, but I have been practising a lot of my meditations lying down in a yogic relaxation posture. Because I do my meditation in the evening (when the children go to bed) I feel that I need to lie down as I am pretty tired by then,and I then get a lovely meditation/relaxation and feel great afterwards.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Am I missing the point and does it have to be solely a seated meditation to get the full benefit?
Any thoughts welcome
Lynne x
Do what works! It sounds like lying down works for you...

I lie down when I'm tired or when I play the background music through my surround sound system. Its cool to feel the music all around me and through the floor! :-)

Claire
Thanks Claire. That sounds lovey withthe music all around you and through the floor! X
I lie down usually; it's so much more relaxing. I don't meditate when tired enough to fall asleep.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Unfortunately Sue that's the only time available to me as I'm a full time mum to baby and a toddler. I would love to do it when I'm less tired but id have to do it with the children and I don't think it would have quite the same effect!! Pleased to hear that other people lie down too!! :D
Both, setting in a recliner is my favorite!
Meditation is all about relaxation. If you can't get relaxed by sitting, lie down. I sit on a nice chair with my back up straight - not leaning too much back, but also not giving it too much effort - simply nice soft straight position. It's the pose used on Headspace meditation and I find it really relaxing... I couldn't sit on the floor without sth to to lean on :|
Diagnosis and treatment 5/5/2014 - 15/5/2014
OMS started 15/5/2014
We did a lovely meditation at the Gawler retreat in 2012, where we lay on the floor in the meditation room and a harpist played music, it was lovely! So I think whatever helps, if you are lying down and that works for you, don't worry, just do that.
Diagnosis Apr 2010, Coeliac Nov 2010. Procrastinated a bit. Fully OMS Sept 2011.
8 posts Page 1 of 1