6 posts Page 1 of 1
Morning all
I was diagnosed with RRMS recently and have just starting oms.
I need help with a few things please.
Best place to source cold pressed flaxseed and Oliver oil in the UK?
Suitable ready made bread mixes for my bread machine?
Good fish oil that I won't taste - I loath fish so it's going to be tricky to take.
Vegan oil free veg stock cubes?
I am converting lots of family meals to try and help my little boys too so any tips for getting toddlers to eat oils etc and any good recipe ideas are really appreciated.

We have been dairy free for a number of years as the boys are allergic to milk so that bit is very easy but I'm gobsmacked by how much of our regular food contains plan oil though so any good substitution also appreciated.

I apologies that these questions may have asked a million times but I struggle to find the time to search through previous posts to find all the answer as I work full time and have 2 lively babies.

Many thanks

Deb xx :D
Here's my 2 cents:

Best place to source cold pressed flaxseed
www.flaxfarm.co.uk
Use the discount code OMS1FO2016 or OMS2FO2016 (depending on how much you are buying, but just check both)

Oliver oil
Anywhere as long as it's extra virgin. Tesco, Sainsburys etc. are fine. There is no bad extra virgin olive oil.

Suitable ready made bread mixes for my bread machine?
Again, plenty available from the supermarkets. Tesco do a sourdough mix with no nasties.

Good fish oil that I won't taste - I loath fish so it's going to be tricky to take.
No need for fish oil if you're having flax seed oil

Vegan oil free veg stock cubes?
You can get made up stock in a bag from most supermarkets that has no bad ingredients, but I wouldn't worry about normal stock cubes. Oxo cubes do contain palm oil, but have 0.1g of sat fat per 100ml, so it's a tiny amount.

If you stick to no dairy, no meat (except seafood), no egg yolks, no frying, then the rest just needs to be kept low. You can get rid of every oil except flax seed or extra virgin olive oil, but your life will be much harder and I'd start by getting rid of the really bad stuff.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
Thank you so much Geoff
I'd also check whether there's an OMS circle near you:

https://overcomingms.org/community/find-support/

There might be a local group that could give you lots of help, advice and support.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
I use Vecon vegetable stock from Amazon, which doesn't contain any oils.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Steak-Sauces ... r_1_2_a_it?

ie=UTF8&qid=1545065489&sr=8-2&keywords=vecon+stock

Rachel
Yep, Vecon all the way for me too.
6 posts Page 1 of 1