3 posts Page 1 of 1
Newly diagnosed last month and have a few questions so I can make sure I’m doing things correctly...

1) is flaxseed oil better for me than fish oil?

2) are there any other oms-friendly chocolate bars available in the uk (I already know about nākd)

3) what do you use to butter your sandwiches?

4) also, what do you like to put in your sandwiches?! (I need some ideas)

5) could the oms-plan be applied to people with NMO? I have a friend who is curious.

6) are egg noodles ok or is it just rice noodles from now on?

7) what’s everyone’s favourite restaurant?

8) what’s everyone’s favourite yoga pose/exercise?

I’m excited to start my new life! Hope we all get on ok!
Hi
That's super you are embracing a change and getting in that driving seat.

The HOLISM paper identified that flax oil is as good, but better as it does not carry the metal load and is more sustainable. Buy fresh pressed from somewhere like FlaxFarm (UK) as the oil has a very short shelf life (can be frozen)

2) are there any other oms-friendly chocolate bars available in the uk (I already know about nākd)
Processed food is generally not a good fit, and as your taste buds change you will notice other food tasting very nice and sweet. Chocolate in the raw state is unfortunately anything but what we find on the shelves. I have a tub of cocoa (as sold in waitrose 'food thoughts' and it's fairtrade) I use it in baking or a chocolate drink made with 50% water / rice drink)

Perhaps hummus, or say slices of tomato.

Hummus or lentil pate (there is a recipe on here) or you might like tinned fish like mackerel or sardines, or mashed avocado.

5) could the oms-plan be applied to people with NMO? I have a friend who is curious.

Egg white made noodles are fine, I think egg free should be fairly easy to find as egg allergy is not uncommon.

7) what’s everyone’s favourite restaurant?
Where I do not have to wash up :-)

Palates

Here's to good health on your new journey. Have a delve around the website there is lots of information and links to further reading such as on flaxoil, exercise, vitamin d, medication and meditation.
KeepSmyelin99 wrote: Newly diagnosed last month and have a few questions so I can make sure I’m doing things correctly...

7) what’s everyone’s favourite restaurant

1. Yes but I personally don't take it as I don't reckon for men it's the best option.

2. Can't help you there cause I'm in oz.

3. I'm gluten free so don't have sandwiches. If I have toast I use olive oil which is yummy!!!

4. I don't have sandwiches anymore as I'm gluten free and just can't do gluten free bread without toasting it. I have a salad with boiled rice and a can of tuna/sardines or salmon.

5. I would suggest a leaky gut diet would be a better option.

6. Can't answer that one because I don't eat them.

7. Favourite restaurant, too many good ones here in oz. I prefer smaller family businesses myself but if eating at the franchise type stores Nandos and Subway have options for people like us.

8. Yoga I don't do it myself. I keep fit but not in that way.

Figure out which diet works for you listen to your body and you'll get it under control. Look forward to your input. Enjoy the forum its a great resource. Cheers Craig
3 posts Page 1 of 1