7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everybody,
Something has been bothering me and I am looking for another opinions.
I started the OMS diet but alongside took gluten out. Two days ago I decided to have a little bread and today I ate 2 buns for breakfast. Now I feel so tired and fatigue. Also the skin on my hands got really dry.
I have not tested myself for gluten intolerance, but it sound as that is the case.
Has anyone else experienced such symptoms?
Thank you.
22 years old
First symptoms noticed 2010
Diagnosed 01/2011
OMS since 27 Sept 2017
Hi Kira

I gave up gluten nearly a year and a half ago.
I posted before how I had always suffered from constipation, that has now gone.
I know giving up dairy helped but I was always a carb lover more than dairy. Although I did like dairy things to occasionally.
I know that giving up gluten for me completely compliments the programme.
Hope this helps!
Valley
I'm thinking of going gluten free for a few months myself. Gluten helps to poke holes in our gut lining doesn't it? Contributes to a leaky gut? While we are on the subject of gluten, gluten cross reaction foods is there much in that does anyone know? I believe our bodies see some foods as gluten due to their structures being similar, things like oats, millett, instant coffee, corn and rice. Could explain why i react to brown rice maybe?
I don't do wheat well but an fine with oats (controller growing harvesting processing) and brown rice. I do avoid corn (not maize that's fine) and barley though I'll have the odd bottle of beer.
Odd disease isn't it. Oats for me are out unfortunately, brown rice looks the same. Just testing gluten/wheat now.
Hi Kira... I gave up gluten before starting OMS due to the link between autoimmune conditions, leaky gut and gluten. There are other proteins in wheat that are meant to be detrimental also. I haven't risked trying gluten again, but I have heard others have had similar reactions to yours. If it makes you feel rubbish, then keep away from it. :)
Diagnosed August 2015
OMS November 2015
OMS Retreat May 2016
veg wrote: I don't do wheat well but an fine with oats (controller growing harvesting processing) and brown rice. I do avoid corn (not maize that's fine) and barley though I'll have the odd bottle of beer.

You mentioned beer Veg ever tried O'Brien gluten free light lager?

Made using millet and sorghum. Its not bad. More than bearable (( :
7 posts Page 1 of 1