8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I was diagnosed ms in March this year, mainly affecting my mobility I have been following the Oms diet and am very happy with my overall health on it. I have just decided to give up gluten and have had positive results almost immediately, my question is has anyone found a brand of gluten free flour they can recommend. I am in Sydney, I have tried the gluten free country life and helgas breads (gluten free) with terrific results but when I made the olive oil drop biscuits with gluten free flour (white wings) I had an immediate negative reaction. Any recommendations ?
If I make anything that requires gluten free flour I use Bob's redmill gluten free all purpose baking flour.
veg wrote: If I make anything that requires gluten free flour I use Bob's redmill gluten free all purpose baking flour.

Thankyou so much, I will try it
...out of curiosity, what was your negative reaction?
I have followed the oms program for 10 years now with positive results and I am considering going gluten free.
Rose
Perhaps the drop biscuits had a high sugar content, that would cause a negative reaction in me and be felt quite quickly.
Sugar is a trigger for me to feeling 'that's not great' reaction shortly after eating and certain fruit do the same, pineapple (this is the worst and strongest reaction), pears, some grapes
Hi rose and veg. Well the change was an improvement in bowel movement rose, and the feeling of an upset stomach that I was getting after evacuation just disappeared. So so much better. I don’t the sugar, I am able to tolerate sugar without any problem, but now if I have whole wheat bread I can feel the difference.
I use chickpea or buckwheat flower with baking powder
I second this recommendation, Bob's redmill gluten free all purpose baking flour.

I'm very surprised gluten isn't on the oms program's list of things to avoid. That and nightshades.
8 posts Page 1 of 1