5 posts Page 1 of 1
Wotcha gang, are you all ok? I have just been on my happy holidays to wales. Really hot, lots of swimming in the sea and running. I really for most of the time forgot about ms. However i stuck to my diet like glue but i did eat sorbet and jelly beans- not loads but more sugar than normal. Am i daft in thinking that sugar is ok aslong as we are not knocking it back every 2 minutes?

Cheers all

take care

phil xxxxx
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
Hi Pip,
Sugar is okay - just don't go silly. You, being a nurse, will know all about diabetes etc - same rule applies, it just doesn't make the MS worse!
Glad you had a great holiday (what weather!!!!) and I hope you didn't annoy the Welsh too much!
Cinders xxxx
Sugar has no specific effects on MS. I wouldn't worry about it - particularly since you were doing lots of exercise so will have been working off the calories rather than laying down fat stores (and you're well slim anyway!)
Sugar can impact in that having sugar causes insulin spike insulin affect on the body is inflamatry so having say a bag of jelly babies may make you feel worse for a short while. I deffinately feel worse if I have too much refined sugar so I don't any more and if making something myself it is always unrefined sugar which I tolerate better. I also avoid glucose syrup find that can make me feel a little pants for a while.
Only you know how sensitive to sugar you are. :-)

Swimming in the sea is so nice :-) did you have a mask and snorkel

Might make some almond biscuits later as I just remembered them and they are yummy.
Cheers guys, i had a lovely holiday. I even won a competition - it was who could make the crowd sing the loudest!! I got a bottle of champagne and some flipflops which my son has now nicked!!

Love

phil xxxxx
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
5 posts Page 1 of 1