17 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi Everyone, I know Cinders Mentioned sugar in a previous post a while ago, do many of you still eat sugar? I do have a really sweet tooth anyway and I do do a lot of exercise so every now and again I need a bit of sugar - it is mostly a few jellybeans or perhaps some marshmallow, nothing that contains any nasties! after my triathlon I needed a bottle of lucozade as well as tons of water! I eat loads of fruit which helps and dried fruit ( as well as my veggies!)

What do you think?

Take Care

Phil XXXX
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
I tend to get my sugar from fruit now. I'm racking my brain to think of anything I eat that has added sugar but I can't think of anything. I did scrape the bowl of icing sugar last week (it was going on a cake for the children). It was completely yummy! But otherwise, no. If I want an alternative to a chocolate bar, I have a Nakd bar. They are raw and 100% fruit - the main ingredient is usually dates so they are nice and sweet.
I still eat sugar occasionally, usually raw in cakes or in stewed fruit like rhubarb. I don't worry about it because Professor Jelinek doesn't put sugar on the 'not to eat list' and I don't eat processed rubbish with lots of sugar, salt and nasty fats.

Bliss balls are nice sweet treats - dates give them sweetness. Several recipes on the Recipe forum.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
I have sweets every now and then (jelly beans included) and things like meringues. I don't beat myself up about it as I'm good with every other aspect of the diet and like Wendy says - it's not on the naughty list! Although my fave thing at mo is date choc brownies, medjool dates are amazing on their own though!!
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
Refined sugar I avoid.
In some baking I use a little unrefined brown molasses.
Sugar is inflammatory so I avoid it's processed state but enjoy dried fruit, fresh fruit, love nakd bars, make carrot slices and black bean brownies. I try to always have something to hand to eat when that yummy sweet tooth happens.
Well done on your triathalon.
Cheers Guys, I dont eat a lot of sugar, mostly from Nakd Bars, Fruit, dried fruit and dates. Because I do lots of exercise I really flag if i am running and not had some sugar! Jelly beans are good for a instant hit - sounds like I am doing drugs doesn't it!!!!

Take Care All

Phil XXX
http://www.justgiving.com/phil-king5. OMS 2012
"Don't Cry - Laugh" - Roy Castle ( TV Personality and Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation)
"If you are bored you must be a boring person!" Ina Sansom (My Gran)
Hi
I bought some unrefined caster sugar the other day as I like it in my coffee and thought I would ease away from sugar gradually as everything else has already gone! But I thought maybe it's too good to be true?

It's billingtons natural unrefined golden caster auger. What do people think?

Or I could go with honey or agave syrup? Do people still sweeten their hot drinks? I don't eat sweets or anything, just naked bars and sesame snaps and dried fruit stuff that I make......

I'd appreciate any thoughts
Thanks
Lynne x
I have that in the cupboard for the occasional time I make almond biscuits
Agave syrup is very processed, not natural despite misleading labelling! Google it.

Honey or maple syrup are very natural.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Cool thanks Wendy and Veg. I've got maple syrup at the moment -lovely in fat free (I cut out the oil and they're still yummy) blueberry muffins (recipe on Ohsheglows website)- and honey, but I still put sugar in coffee.

Maybe it's ok as I don't eat anything else like sweets and as you say, agave syrup is really processed.

Cheers for your thoughts x
17 posts Page 1 of 2