10 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know if Aspartame is allowed on the OMS diet? :? I'm kind of confused. I don't think that we are supposed to have sugar so I want to go sugar free which in turn has Aspartame, I know it's bad but can someone just try to explain to me why In hope it will help me make better decisions and avoid aspartame. :| I guess I just need someone to tell me to stop and why I should. Please help if anyone has any information

Thanks!

Tiger Lily
Aspertane is a highly processed synthetic product.
Fruit is lovely and sweet, both dates and prunes can make other things you might make sweet.
Aspertane is only added to processed commercial product, be it drink or confectionary, both of those are out side of the OMS approach
OMS is not a sugar free diet. Balance is needed though because we know too much sugar is bad for us.

Aspartame and other nasty substitutes behave in the body the same way as sugar ie you will still get fat (big have to tell people to use it lose weight!). What is worse is it is poison to your body. We don't need a neurotoxin to damage our nerves when we are trying to save them.

Better to cut sugar altogether, try more natural versions than use chemical substitutes.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Thanks for replying! I usually get sugar free sweeter in my starbucks coffee... I will stop doing that... I'll drink coffee black. Does anyone drink coffee on the OMS program? What are everyone's thoughts?!

Thanks
It's a stimulant so some may have 1 during a day, for me it's a total no as my bladder goes into melt down with coffee.
One cup of black coffee in the morning, brewed at home, so I know what went into it.

I used to be a two pot a day man, but those days are long gone, and I only miss them occasionally! :shock:
Be well, live long and prosper!
Miss coffee snob here, I have good quality double shot long black every morning,
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Small long black for me, try to keep it to one a day ;)

I also stick to real sugar or other sweetners (dates etc..) rather than artificial stuff. Agree that it is good to keep sugar to a minimum though...
If you must then unrefined sugar is less bad and most super markets sell it.
Hi all,
I have a Soy Flat White, (made with Bonsoy Milk ONLY) 4-5 times a week. I only go to coffee houses that use Bonsoy Milk, which there is 3 local to me. I don't use any sweetners or sugar in them either.
10 posts Page 1 of 1