16 posts Page 2 of 2
I know, I know, I know. But let's face it. Besides Lard, Margarine is the most offensive word.

Unless someone knows something the manufacturer is hiding, then this margarine is not hydrogenated. But it's bad, of course.

Yes, rebecca - it has Monoglicerides. And yes, i thas Whey, though it's got more salt.

And it is processed oils. Bad. But still - is an occasional (3x weekly) 5ml smear on bread a major sin?

Ingredients: Canola Oil, Water, Modified Palm and Palm Kernel Oils, Salt,
Whey Powder, Soy Lecithin, Vegetable Monoglycerides, Potassium
Sorbate, Artificial Flavour, Citric Acid, Alpha Tocopherol Acetate
(Vitamin E), Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene, Vitamin D3.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
I know it is. I'll have to wean myself off of it. But remember this debate when eating your soy dessert, knowing it has more saturated fat.

I suppose it's philosophical. I may eat a bowl of Soy Dessert once in a while and then it's so I don't need icecream.

What if someone made flax oil thick using something. That would be nice. Yes, I put the flax oil on toast with jam, as the professor mentinos.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
Alex,

Alas, those mono- and diglycerides are about as bad as transfats. It is interesting that many do not realize this.

One wonders why the food manufacturers have to make so much unhealthy stuff. One food manufacturer of Minnesota, a major producer of frozen pizza and egg rolls in the USA used to say, "I'm not in the food business, I'm in the chemical business." He used to think it was funny but it really is not.

Rebecca
Have you tried putting a jar of EVOO in the fridge? It will semi-solidify and become quite spreadable. The melting point of Flax oil is all wring.

Gareth
i have found a " margarine " sold in health food shops called melrose Omega 3table spread. it is made from Canola & flaxseed oils, contains no cholesterol, dairy free GM free. Has anyone out there used this spread? I am over dry bread & thought this sounded like a great alternative. The canola oil worries me a little though
Try using avocado or almond spread for dry bread/toast or creamed tofu
16 posts Page 2 of 2