19 posts Page 2 of 2
You are right eggs are not dairy therefore they don't have the offending protien.

It is advised that we avoid the yolks because of the sat. fat content.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
vybbob, I have been wondering the same thing:

"Does anyone know the role intestinal permeability plays will dairy absorbtion? If one can correct their intestinal fortitude wouldn't that keep the proteins in your gut and out of your bloodstream thereby limiting the creation and activity of antibodies?"

at this point I can barely stand anything with dairy in it, but I still am curious about your question.
Does one have to have a leaky gut in order to have this protein enter your blood steam? Would not normal digestion breakdown this just like all your other foods? I am sure that George's podcast on this subject doesn't say a leaky gut causes this issue but simply it is a protein in dairy.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
My understanding is that when we eat proteins, they are broken down into amino acids, which we absorb and use to build tissues. If in-tact proteins are entering our blood stream, I don't believe our intestines are working properly.
Chickens arent mammals, but do you know for sure that the protein in egg whites doesn't trigger ms (mimmicry) in the same way that the protein in mammal milk and mammal flesh can do?

Chicken egg whites are a common food sensitivity which is relevant to gut health
I thought this problem was only with one of the proteins in milk, and the problems with meat were due to the saturated fat content rather than proteins?
From memory (?) the name of the beef protein high starts with b(..utry... ?) And it might have been mentioned by George in a somewhat recent podcast about the reasons for not eating meat, although it's probably one of those still fairly weak correlations and chicken protein is possibly quite different (in case you're concerned over that occasional bit of lean meat )
Sara
Thanks I was just wondering whether I needed to get stricter about the chicken (at the moment I don't worry too much as I'm otherwise strict)
Butyrophilin is the protein in milk - it's discussed in #4 Diet FAQ
http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis. ... rces/FAQs/
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
19 posts Page 2 of 2