23 posts Page 1 of 3
Anyone have luck finding vegan cheese that is OMS-friendly?? All the ones I've seen have soya oil...

Same with the "fake" burger meat...

I'm pregnant and am SOOO craving cheese!!!
You'll have to make it yourself... pretty sure i have a recipe that was on this forum. sorry i have searched and can't find it... maybe someone else maybe able to help?
Dx Dec 2008, DENIAL, OMS Jul 2011, Copaxone Nov 2011.
I have sent the book back to the library but I am sure the Forks and Knives Cookbook has a cheese type recipe, someone is bound to have it.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
There are recipes that make a cheesy type of sauce using cashew nuts and savoury yeast (nutritional yeast). Sorry I don't have a link. I find that sprinkling the yeast over any sort of sauce (tomato, white sauce, or just plain flax oil) gives it a 'cheesy' taste.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
'cheesey' like smelly feet ;) sorry but that was the image that cheesy springs to my mind.

I sometimes do the odd chopped olive and gherkin mix to get a tangy salty taste.
Susan Doumbos wrote: There are recipes that make a cheesy type of sauce using cashew nuts and savoury yeast (nutritional yeast). Sorry I don't have a link. I find that sprinkling the yeast over any sort of sauce (tomato, white sauce, or just plain flax oil) gives it a 'cheesy' taste.

I'm looking more for something like a piece of cheddar to eat... Not just the taste (so no sauces or powder). I don't find nutritional yeast to taste cheesy... :(
Thanks Lynn and Kashu, will look it up.
You might find that cheese as we used to know and love goes the same way as the steak! But that is ok because we would rather walk anyway :lol:
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
Yes, even with smelly feet :D
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
I found it for you http://mymsfreelife.blogspot.com.au/ I have only made it once before but from memory it was nice not like normal cheese but still quite yum!!! ENJOY!
Dx Dec 2008, DENIAL, OMS Jul 2011, Copaxone Nov 2011.
23 posts Page 1 of 3