6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I have yet another question for your OMS gurus!

I've come across lactos (from milk) in a list of ingredients...does anyone know if this is allowed? I imagine it's a small amount as it's listed towards the end of the ingredients (see below).

John West Steam Pot Soy & Ginger 150g
Skipjack Tuna (43%), Dried Couscous (40%) (from Wheat), Extra Virgin Olive Oil (5%), Rehydrated Soy Sauce (3,7%) (Water, Soybean, Wheat, Maltodextrin, Salt), Ginger, Lactose (from Milk), Yeast Extract Powder, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Yeast Powder, Rice Flour, Dried Mushroom, Natural Flavourings, Salt, Herb, Spice

Thanks,
Luce
Sorry I posted this here by mistake, but can't work out how to delete it? :S
Well it is a highly processed food item so it is really something to be avoided before adding in that it has dairy.
Also it is highly likely to contain MSG reading that list.
Professor Jelinek has said that Lactose is a sugar and OK. Often seen in vitamin pills.

That tuna pot does look highly processed, I wouldn't buy it.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Takes a minute to make some cous cous, throw in a tin of tuna and some chopped mushrooms, flavour with ginger and you are away. Add black pepper, drizzle with flax oil and serve with mixed green leaves.
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your comments, it's appreciated.

I know the fact that it's processed isn't ideal, but my mum is completely bed bound and relies on carers to prepare her food. I live away and cook batches of OMS friendly food to freeze but I'm trying to find simple pre-prepared things that could give her a few other options (as more of a backup).

Cinderella - you make a great point though, this ones probably just as easy for a carer to prepare as the steam pot would be :)

Best wishes,
Luce x
6 posts Page 1 of 1