5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all - I'm a new 'kid' on the block here, and I was diagnosed a few weeks ago, and I jumped into the diet pretty soon after when a friend guided me here. Anywaaaaay...

I have just bought some Alpro yogurt, and I've just noted that it has Ascorbyl palmitate in it, which (can be) derived from palm oil (https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-ascorbyl-palmitate.htm). Can I assume that it is in such low quantities that it's OK?

Apparently there is only one Alpro product that is palm oil free: https://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/alpro/palm-oil-free.htm

This is a steep learning curve :)

Thanks all.

Paul
Diagnosed August 2018, but possibly had my first symptom 5-6 years prior.
Started the OMS programme 2 weeks after diagnosis after a friend guided me here.
Paul, I got on here to look up Vitamin A Palmitate and can't find any info on it, but my search brought up your post. I was diagnosed 12.5 years ago and just yesterday a newly diagnosed person in my community asked me if palmitate is ok, or does it contain palm oil? I've been using almond milk and other products containing Vitamin A palmitate for years and never knew, until I researched it for this person, that palmitate is synthetic and derived from palm oil! On the plus side, I've been doing great all these years so I guess it can't be doing too much damage, but I do wonder now, if I should be avoiding it.
Thanks debfacteau. I assume that it's in such small quantities that it's OK. I hope :)
Started the OMS programme 2 weeks after diagnosis after a friend guided me here.
That's my opinion as well! Relapse free over twelve years! Best wishes to you.
debfacteau wrote: That's my opinion as well! Relapse free over twelve years! Best wishes to you.

Wow, that is great to hear.

Best wishes to you too.
5 posts Page 1 of 1