6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I wonder if somebody could offer me their advice/opinion. Over the past week or so I've been having new symptoms which include burning right leg and arm. (Am I right in thinking this will mean a new lesion as it is a new area??) I'm also suffering with burning down my spine and all around my left side, this is an old symptom which seems to flare up frequently. I'm also feeling very fatigued. My question is, should I be doing any exercise? I've been too worried to do any incase it made things worse. I do, however, have a 2 year old so I am running around after him a lot.

Appreciate any words of wisdom.

(I have my yearly MRI on Sunday which I am dreading now because I'm worried I have new lesions due to these new symptoms, last years scan was clear of any new ones and I was hoping it would remain the same!! :( )
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
I find that the fatigue tends to dictate how much I do. You need to rest way more if flaring. Probably running around after your family is enough.
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
I agree. It is probably a good idea to really get some rest and relaxation - have a nice massage or something else deeply restful and slow it all down rather than try to push the exercise.
Maybe visualise calm and healing. xxx
I try and up my meditation when feeling tired and fatigue (not easy with kids I know). Nyran's idea of visualising calming and healing is a good one, I tend to lie down resting and then think of my brain making new connections!
Jen x

Diagnosed 1994 OMS Nov 2013
Thank you for the replies :)

I am going to use my sons nap time to try to meditate (this is the area I struggle with most) and maybe have a nap myself. Find it very hard as I know that all of the house work etc will be needing to be done whilst he's asleep but going to take some time out today.

Does anyone know if new symptoms does mean a new lesion? I just want to prepare myself for the results of the MRI.
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
There has been a lot of discussion at times about how MRI lesions do not necessarily equate with symptoms. So a person can be very well but MRI shows many new lesions.

Try not to use the imaging as a measure. If you are doing OMS then you are in the right track anyway.

The flare you are having will pass ☺
Dx 1992 OMS 25-2-09
6 posts Page 1 of 1