5 posts Page 1 of 1
A year ago I was cycling 20 - 30 miles a couple of times a week and had just built up to 40 miles,feeling fit and feeling pretty good.Then I hurt my knee- had physio etc -knee ok. Then this August I hurt my knee(different to the first injury) on very gentle cycle. Have had an MRI and have been told that there's lots of wear and tear and inflammation, probably arthritis. I feel so upset. I've lost all my fitness my fatigue is worse and now I'm worried I won't be able to cycle like I used to. I could cope with my ms symptoms before but I feel gutted now. I will be going to physio again. I usually just get on with things but this has really brought me down. Any one got any advice? Please be kind -feeling fragile!!
Hello.
Be kind to yourself, focus on what you can do and are doing to help your body heal and recover.
The up side of a plant based diet and no dairy is it will be kinder to your body and arthritis can be I feel deeply rooted in the western diet.
You might like to read the page on arthritis on https://www.drmcdougall.com/index.php
Are you immersed in the OMS plan, how is you vitamin d.
Thanks for your reply. Think I was just having a really bad moment when I posted! Have been following the plan for about 3 years. I'm going to take a look at everything, may have become a little lax with things over time. Vitamin d was good at the beginning of the year but will recheck. Thanks again.
Hi Dellamaisie,
Cortaflex will help with your joints - I take one Cortaflex HA tablet daily. It is the best product I have found. MSM supplements are also beneficial.
Be patient with your injury, all will be well in time and you will be up and cycling again.
Cx
Thank you for your reply, I will give that a try!
5 posts Page 1 of 1