8 posts Page 1 of 1
Good evening everybody,

it took me 70 minutes to walk 240m. With husband and stick. A muscle in my right thigh blocked any Forward movement.
Are there any exercises to get a less blocking, relaxed muscle.

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

Joe
Do you do any pilates or yoga?
Hi joe

My foot drop just means that when I am tired I stumble and unfortunately this summer I lost all balance and fell flat on my face on a straight street. So now I got a little scar on top of my lip :( after that I started to research it a little.
I came across this video:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rTjwb6NOPUU
There are more on YouTube if you put in foot drop.
It is a bit about identifying which muscles need training. Maybe ask a physio to watch you walk. When I first got diagnosed, the physio in the hospital said that it seems to be my hip muscles need to work out. But I got lazy...
Hope this helps a little, good luck
Mila
Hi Joe

This thread on foot drop has some examples of exercises that my physio gave me to do:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4701

Hope this helps.

Rachel
Thank you, Rachel, so Kind! And helpful!

Joe
Hi Joe

I've had foot drop for years, wrecked the right toe of most of my good shoes. I went on a retreat in 2012, and at the final session, each of us told the group what we wanted to take away and what we wanted to leave behind. I said that foot drop was the thing I really wanted to leave behind and George leant forward and whispered 'you will'.

Well, 2 1/2 years later - he was right! I have been doing exercises like Rachel77 suggests, Pilates clams, sticking 100% to the diet. I also found that taking a longer stride and walking a little faster was less tiring.

Over the past few weeks that damn foot drop has gone - I can now walk 200 metres before I even start to scuff the sole of my foot, even on rough ground.

So, the diet and exercise does work but it takes time.
Wendy

Diagnosis Dec 1998 OMS Feb 2010 Retreat Feb 2012
Dear Wendy,

your reply is especially encouraging, as I've got SPMS (just like you do as I understood?). I try to do the program 100% but every day is a challenge. There are some People who "walk" with me at least every second day and it's always something like an ordeal. So I'm scared every time I'm supposed to walk but I know I mustn't give up. And now, with your post, I know that this is a good way. Thank you for your Kind care!

And the advice of foot drop exercises on YouTube was extremely helpful indeed. Thank you Mila and Rachel.
I seem to exercise all day Long.

Bye for now

Joe
korimako wrote: Hi Joe

I've had foot drop for years, wrecked the right toe of most of my good shoes. I went on a retreat in 2012, and at the final session, each of us told the group what we wanted to take away and what we wanted to leave behind. I said that foot drop was the thing I really wanted to leave behind and George leant forward and whispered 'you will'.

Well, 2 1/2 years later - he was right! I have been doing exercises like Rachel77 suggests, Pilates clams, sticking 100% to the diet. I also found that taking a longer stride and walking a little faster was less tiring.

Over the past few weeks that damn foot drop has gone - I can now walk 200 metres before I even start to scuff the sole of my foot, even on rough ground.

So, the diet and exercise does work but it takes time.

How long did it actually take and what specific exercises did you do?
8 posts Page 1 of 1