4 posts Page 1 of 1
I wanted to share my recent physio experiences in the hope that it will help those of you who may be struggling to get the help or support you need for your recovery and progress.

The first physio I saw wasn't able to help me at all as I was seen as 'fit enough' so I asked to be referred to someone else. This lady was wonderful - she approached everything in a holistic way and could see the benefits of the oms programme when I told her about it. I felt that she treated me as an individual with my own specific needs instead of 'an ms patient'. I have just finished a 6 week block of balance classes and she recommended I join a pilates class which I have done and can already feel it helping after a few classes. I am becoming much more aware of how my body is working (or not!) The reason I wanted a physio initially was to hopefully help me improve my walking as 45 minutes is my limit and I wanted to do everything possible to improve that if I could. I think it is helping although I haven't fully tested it yet.

I know how difficult it is when you don't feel your needs are being understood and I just want to say to anyone who is feeling disheartened about getting help - don't give up. You will find what you need eventually even if it doesn't feel like that at times.

God bless
Hilary x
Hi Hilary,
Great story!! Why don't you post the name and location of the Phsio :-) she may be handy for others to see,
Love and light
Rose x
Hi Rose

Great idea thank you! I live in West Lothian, Scotland. My physio's name is Caroline McGuire and she works with a team at the Astley Ainslie Hospital in Morningside in Edinburgh. I was originally referred to a physio at St John's Hospital in Livingston, West Lothian.

Hope you are well
Hilary x
Seeing a physiotherapist who understands neurological issues has helped me so much.

I see Dr.Drake at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield, UK.

Recommend!
4 posts Page 1 of 1