8 posts Page 1 of 1
So I've been doing pilates for almost a year and gym for three months now (instead of pilates), accompanied by tai chi two times a week throught the whole last year. I feel really great, but now, especially after starting gym, I feel as if I could do more.

I am considering Beachbody Insanity for 30 or 60 days.

However, I am a bit worried this could be too much. So - how much workout is really too much?

I know loads of folks here do jogging and even marathons, so I guess too much heat is not neccessarily a problem. I know that such workout should be done in the morning, when the weather is still not so hot. Also, heat is the reason why I, for example, measure my pulse when I do workout in the gym - I never let it rise above 160 in a minute and I never do cardio for more than 15 minutes, so that I don't heat up.

So - is insanity or similar workout safe? Any experiences?
Diagnosis and treatment 5/5/2014 - 15/5/2014
OMS started 15/5/2014
Hi,

I do High Intensity Interval Training 3x a week for 30mins. Very similar to insanity. I feel great doing it and notice that some symptoms actually improve after I've pushed myself that bit more.
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
Oh and I also do pilates twice a week which I also think is great! Both of these exercises I do using a DVD at home.
DX 03/2008
Swank 04/2012
OMS 04/2013
Thank you very much, that sounds promissing.

Any other experiences?
OMS started 15/5/2014
I think exercise is totally dependent on you, your body and what kind of shape you are in.

Insanity is tough! If you are able, then do it!! Most people (no diagnosis) can't do Insanity because it is so rigorous. I've done a few of the workouts with a colleague who has the set of DVDs and likes to torture her friends. I got through the warm-up on one of the workouts and thought, "What have I gotten myself into?!" If you choose to do Insanity, then listen to Shaun T (the leader) for any modifications you can do until you get in good enough shape to do everything. Pay attention to your body to see if you are pushing too hard...

I do P90X3 (the 30 minute P90X workouts). I did P90X a few years ago and really liked it and the 30 minute workouts are great. Like Denise, I find that I feel better after the workout. I also run almost every day with our cross country team (35 minutes minimum).

I do listen to my body and take a day off if I need to. I've been OMS for 14 months and feel great! Minimal symptoms that get a little less every day.
Thank you very much, again - promissing.

I sometimes feel as if I could do so much more, but I am always worried how things would affect my body.

Guess there is no permanent solution, one should always listen to his or her body.

Things might change when I start my medication (I think tomorrow my neurologist is going to help me decide which one to chose). Kind of scares me too
OMS started 15/5/2014
Im following Jullian Michaels Body Revolution for 90 days. It is not Insanity but is pretty intense and my balance and weakness is improving a lot just in two weeks!!! The problem that I have with exercise is I always want more :D
While I have not tried that workout specifically, I can say that I also feel much better when I get some exercise. I try to listen to my body: when it can take it, I push harder. When it needs a rest, I give it rest. Perhaps I should look into a one of these programs mentioned above. Thanks.

C
We don't know how strong we are until being strong is our only choice.
8 posts Page 1 of 1