28 posts Page 3 of 3
The key I am finding is making the time to repeat every day.
nryan wrote: Balance exercises in the swimming pool are very good and you don't have the inconvenience of falling over

Only the inconvenience of drowning if you do fall over! :shock:
Be well, live long and prosper!
Bellydancing :-) Just started it and never realised how great it actually is for balance! Plus if you sway over, you can just pretend it was part of your personal interpretation of the dance routine :lol: I do a lot of trail running and have been practicing yoga for several years and love it, but with bellydance I found a very different way of working out the body, which complements the other two. I found that dancing is great as the whole body moves freely (depending on which type of dance of course), loosening everything up while strengthening it at the same time!
I heard that Tai Chi is also fantastic for balance (and a lot less risky injury-wise if falling over I guess!).
Great suggestions. I practice walking heel to toe in the park along the gate if I need to catch my balance. Or in my hallway. A gym trainer suggested doing the alphabet with one foot while brushing my teeth. :D Peggy Cappy is wonderful; got to take out her disc.
marcyj wrote: A gym trainer suggested doing the alphabet with one foot while brushing my teeth. :D

I struggle to get my toes to sign with ESL, I'm just not dexterous enough... I'll have to work on that too I suppose! :D
Be well, live long and prosper!
My suggestion, Single Leg Deadlifts is a good exercise that anyone can easily do at home for improving balance and to strengthens your hamstrings.
Squat is an excellent if you're looking for a balancing exercise especially for seniors at home.
Very good exercises
28 posts Page 3 of 3