7 posts Page 1 of 1
for their birthday this week, and got it all set up last night, but didn't have time enough to get a game in yesterday.

They got home from school, and played each other for he first time, a lot of laughter and a few curse words.

Got to play the eldest one 3 straight games, won the first easily, won the second by 4 points, one the last game by 2 points, either he's getting better at an exponential rate, or I'm wearing out very quickly. Balance and stretching really took it out of me, maybe 20 minutes hard work left me wanting to lay down and take a nap... the feeling passed after 5 minutes, but it really wore me to a frazzle and I was very surprised by how beat I felt.

I think I'm going to have to up the exercise anti, and then I can maintain my winning ways against the kids energy... I still have age, experience and sneakiness on my side, at least for a while anyway! :twisted:
Be well, live long and prosper!
Sounds great fun.
Well 3 weeks in and it's not killing me quite as much as it was, I still fight for balance, and positioning in a stable fashion, (I really didn't know my balance was as shot as it has been, there's always been a wall or counter), but I can now play 3 games, take a break for half an hour, and come back to another 3 games.

6 games in about 90 minutes, then about 90 minutes rest and do it again.

My sneakiness, and spin, as well as the occasional flourish of past experience, have kept the game pretty even, #1 twin has improved enough to beat a few of the unbeatable people at school, and so he's enjoying playing against me, #2 twin has improved enough to enjoy playing a game here and there. There are other parts of the extended family that have table tennis tables, and it often comes up at family reunions, as an ever running winner stays on, ping pong tournament, so the more they all practice the better they play.

I have to say it has also been a big aid to me, I'm surprised by how much core strength you need to hold your ass off the wall and play a simple soft game of table tennis.
That's great to see change in the weeks, well done. I might see if I have that on the wii.
9 weeks in and here's an update.

Twin # 1 is now taking 35 - 40% of the games, he does better at the end of the day, when I'm tired and stiffer, first thing in the morning I can still beat him 4 out of 5 games, in the evenings it's 3 - 2 or 2 - 3, much more even play.

Twin # 2 can gently volley a ball for a couple of hits, but his hand eye coordination needs encouraging, and lots of work, that he is reluctant to put in the time and effort.

I'm down another 5 lbs, first time below 230 in 39 years, my core is getting stronger and my stamina has improved... at least I think it's my stamina improving, but it may just be my determination and unwillingness to quit or roll over and crumble. I've been out fishing every 2nd or 3rd day, and I'm loving catching Brown and Rainbow trout, (including in this, is that with the snow off the ground, my distances traveled while fishing have been increasing), and eating them, poached and baked, going to try steamed over a wok soon, as I've just gotten a bamboo steamer basket from Amazon.

Four months, (135 days), down 35 lbs or 1.81lb per week, 50 lbs to go to my current goal weight means 27.55 weeks to 180 lbs, aiming for the last week of September, at this loss rate!
Very good!
Great to hear your strength and skills building.
Shows exercise can be fun! And one can get stronger.
Very well done, steady progress consistently made.
7 posts Page 1 of 1