10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi i have had MS probably since way before 2000, but only recently after a long journey diagnosed with PPMS. I am 65 female. I also have another very rare disease called Transient Epileptic Amnesia, Osteoporisis and HP (which is under control).

I find it really hard to walk out i can walk around the house and the garden. I have a few bantam chickens which keep me mobile to a point as i have to get up and care for them etc.

I cant walk out on my own i get very fatigued and this puts me way of balance and then i am in danger of having another fall, so if i go out its wheelchair.

I so want to do some sort of exercise i do try by forcing myself to walk around the garden everyday etc and i make myself stay mobile until i am too tired which is about 10am in the morning.

Is there any exercise out there i can try, or even some YOGA for MS? I am trying my best to stay active. If i stress too much it can trigger an episode with my TEA, so i am very wary about stress, and keep it to a minimum.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Pilates is easier than yoga but just as good.
I know how hard it is to do things when fatigue puts limits on what you can do.
Maybe check iron levels just incase this is contributing to tiredness.
Your doing great. I have chickens too.. Not as pretty as your breed. And they are good to get one up in the mornings.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
I can't add the link while I am using my tablet, but have you looked at the exercise section under the Recovery Program heading.
When exercising start really slowly, get a feel for what you are adding in new to your day and build on that listening to your body. I try to increase slowly trying to avoid troughs where I had done too much.
Lovely to get out side everyday, I find being outside rejuvenating even just being out side.
I recently found a DVD called Dahn Yoga for MS. I have done it a couple of times and enjoyed it. All of the exercises are designed for both people with limited mobility and also those who are more able-bodied.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conditions-Spa ... oga+for+ms

Rachel
RACHEL77 wrote: I recently found a DVD called Dahn Yoga for MS. I have done it a couple of times and enjoyed it. All of the exercises are designed for both people with limited mobility and also those who are more able-bodied.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conditions-Spa ... oga+for+ms

Rachel

hi thanks for this i found it on Ebay and bought it will give it a try. x
Blueberry wrote: Pilates is easier than yoga but just as good.
I know how hard it is to do things when fatigue puts limits on what you can do.
Maybe check iron levels just incase this is contributing to tiredness.
Your doing great. I have chickens too.. Not as pretty as your breed. And they are good to get one up in the mornings.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

It was my doctor who suggested it. We were chatting about stuff well this is going back a few years when i first got sick, and she said she had chickens, well i did over the years have them, and my GP thought it would be good therepy for me. So i got some. I have had them about five years, and ended up even hatching chicks for friends which i love. Although i have stopped that for the time being as it really wiped me out and left me no energy for anything else.

I have Poland, Dutch Bantams, Pavlovs (rare breed from Russia). I adore them all they all have names and personalities. I think without them i would be way worse now to be honest. I am struggling with them at the moment though, so hubby has taken on more chores but he is good he puts them to bed which i am not even up for lol.

I just want to be more mobile out. I did have to go out yesterday with my bestie as one of my girls was poorly she had a laying issue, so had to walk whilst in the vets, and now boy am i feeling it in the legs. Why does walking cause such crazy nerve pain?

Thanks for answering me though it helps. x
veg wrote: I can't add the link while I am using my tablet, but have you looked at the exercise section under the Recovery Program heading.
When exercising start really slowly, get a feel for what you are adding in new to your day and build on that listening to your body. I try to increase slowly trying to avoid troughs where I had done too much.
Lovely to get out side everyday, I find being outside rejuvenating even just being out side.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

I love being outside. I enjoy the winter so much lol, as i hate the heat, and i do take my dog out everyday if i can. I trained her when she was a puppy to walk by the side of my mobility scooter, and now after 7 years she is a pro at it lol. Its just lovely getting out and feeling fresh air.

I do try and pace but sometimes my body gets out of pace rhythm and i end up doing too much and suffer for it. MS it way to vairable. I find if i have a good nights sleep i have a rubbish day, if i sleep badly i seem to have a better day. It can change from a minute to second lol.
Again thank you for answering me. x
The exercises that Veg mentioned are at https://overcomingms.org/recovery-progr ... ll-levels/

Also, have you tried swimming? Sometimes, the support of the water overcomes balance issues and it also helps with overheating.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
Grab yourself a 1-5kg Dumbell, whatever you can handle just keep your arms moving and the heart pumping.
I get out and walk on my morning break. It really does make me more productive & happier!
10 posts Page 1 of 1