3 posts Page 1 of 1
I started going to the gym after I drop my son off at school in the morning and although I have to keep a fan on so as not to overheat, I have finally got to the point where I am able to exercise hard enough to start to sweat! After a month of treadmill, eliptical, and weight machines, I can't say that I really feel much stronger, but at least I am maintaining and not losing ground. At first I tried to do too much and was basically useless the rest of the day but have learned to pace myself. I was amazed at how weak I have become. I got used to doing the sames things day after day and didn't notice until I tried something new.
It is sad when I think that I was once able to run 8 miles. With the foot drop and brace I don't think I could run again, afraid to after falling and breaking wrist. I never really enjoyed it that much...but still...
MS Diagnosis 2014
Copaxone, OMS, 2015
Congratulations on putting the umph together to get back in the gym.

Better to work up to building stamina and then some strength over a longer time, than burn out your enthusiasm before you get some great benefits.

One of the things I have found is the peace and meditation that sometimes comes with exercise, the more I do,the quicker I can get in the groove, then the time passes faster, and although it can leave me a trembling wreck, if I overdo it too much, more often than not, I've paced my distances about right, and I can still function the rest of the day.
Be well, live long and prosper!
You have started a great work. The major secret to stay happy and healthy is to take regular exercises along with a healthy diet. My brother realized this very late after he suffered from a health problem. But now he has taken up a programme sportif program to keep himself fit and healthy. I suggest you to continue exercises to live a healthy life.
3 posts Page 1 of 1