5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone!
I have recently heard several times at TV about a pig breed that has many unsaturated fats.
It is called Mangalitsa pig and it comes from Hungary, Europe.
You can see it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangalica or if you search on google
It is often called as the "salmon pig" because it has so many unsaturated fats as a salmon fish or olive oil.
Does anyone know about this type of pork meat and if it could be allowed on OMS?
Any meat from a mammal is a definite no. If I recall correctly, there are proteins that are similar to myelin that can cause an attack. It's certainly not just the fats.
OMS since 17/08/2015
Diagnosis 28/05/2015 - 22/09/2015
Diggity wrote: Any meat from a mammal is a definite no. If I recall correctly, there are proteins that are similar to myelin that can cause an attack. It's certainly not just the fats.

Ok, thanks!
Diggity wrote: Any meat from a mammal is a definite no. If I recall correctly, there are proteins that are similar to myelin that can cause an attack. It's certainly not just the fats.

Are you sure about this? That doesn't sound quite right to me. I don't think I'd read that before about meat from mammals, or poultry, for that matter.
If you look at the FAQs it's the protein in cows, sheep and goat's milk that are the mimics. Meat it's the saturated fat.
5 posts Page 1 of 1