4 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm recently diagnosed and about half way through OMS. I'm already a vegetarian and I am now making sure I keep my saturated fats down to 20g per day or less. As I finish reading the book I am slowly making dietary changes (cutting out dairy & chocolate) while I take notes so that by the time I finish the book I have the diet principles down.

Currently I am wondering about the effect of using coconut oil on the skin; I understand the negative aspects of the oil and creating sticky/ hard cell membranes. I also understand that our skin absorbs what we put on it. Unfortunately, I have been making my own lotion and deodorant with coconut oil for a few years now - is it terrible to apply about a teaspoon to a tablespoon of coconut oil to the skin daily? I'd estimate about half of a teaspoon used every day as deodorant and more when I use my lotion during the winter.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Hi there,
I copy and pasted a reply from Professor Jelinek re: coconut oil as a moisturiser from a past conversation thread for you.
If you type "coconut oil" in the search engine you will find all the past conversation threads on the topic.
Love and light
Rose x

Re: Coconut Oil

Post by George » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 am

Hi Kirsten

A retreat participant some years ago sent me a research paper showing that some of the fat does get absorbed when applied to the skin. I was skeptical, but read the paper, and believe it does happen. It is only a small amount of course, but some people prefer to take no risks at all, and will avoid products with saturated fats in high concentration on their skin.

Hope that helps

Be well

George
Hi Rose,

Thank you so much! I'm still getting used to the site, I feel a bit silly that I didn't realize the information was right there "just a click away"!

Thank you again & have a wonderful day!
no worries...it takes a while to learn about all of the features on the site. Have a great day too! :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1