7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Has anyone used TVP- textured vegetable protein made from soy flour? Or Quorn in their diet?
being processed foods I am not comfortable using them, but was curious to know what OMS recovery programme makes of these meat alternatives? Are they really ok to use?
I don't know much about TVP and quorn but I am like you - I would be uncomfortable about anything manufactured. I think I read years ago that TVP is not good (even if you don't have MS).
Being highly processed regardless of the starting elements I would walk away from it.
I did a search on this one a few months ago. Some people feel that it is ok to use. I am having it because I am not a big fish lover, although I am trying to add more each day. For me it will be something temporary until I am able to have fish every day.

It may be processed but I would think it is better than meat.

Nicola
Nicola Corbett

Dublin, Ireland

'Nothing tastes as good as walking feels'

DX 2003, Swank 2004, OMS 2013, OMS Retreat March 2014
Are you worrying about protein? Try beans and other legumes in place of meat/fish. Tofu can be nice, too.

Read the China Study if you are worrying about protein intake. We don't need anything like as much as we've been led to believe.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012 Benign MS Sep 2015
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Thanks everyone. I do have plenty of legumes and I like fish, so I will stick with it. Perhaps add more soy/tofu to my diet.
I sometimes have TVP only when I CRAVE meat and that's a quick fix without eating meat. However I try to very rarely have it because it is highly processed and my tummy feels so too :lol:
DX March 2011, OMS October 2011
Member of the Weebly Wobbly Club (class of '13)
7 posts Page 1 of 1